Chapter XXIV

'This was bloody strange.'

'I know... Newt, do you remember the first song I sang yesterday?'

'Yeah, I see fire- oh.'

'It's creepy.'

'What a dark sense of humor the Creators must have.'

We went side by side back to 'our' room. I changed clothes and so did Newt. I was about to lay down when he kissed me.

'Newt, please, I'm so tired. Another time.'

'Okay then,' he did a pouty face, lay on the bed and turned his back to me.
I snuggled next to him and kissed his neck.

'I'm tired, let me sleep,' he said.

I shoved him, almost making him fall of the bed. We laughed quietly and I rolled to the other side, falling asleep almost immediately.

I had no dreams. I woke up and realized Newt was right next to me, holding me in his arms, snoring. I got up, changed clothes, washed my face and brushed my teeth (at least the Creators send us hygienic stuff; I guess they care about our dental health). Newt was still asleep. I sat next to him, stroking his hair, admiring him. He was beautiful. Now I could say I really loved him. He woke up. I kissed him.

'I haven't even brushed my teeth-'

'I don't even care'

I kissed him again.

'I guess you're not tired anymore'

I laughed. Newt made me laugh so much. I really, really liked him. He got up and went into the bathroom. I sat down, and for the first time, paid attention to the details.

The room was quite simple, with a small closet. It had a very small window. I wondered how they built a two floor house, with such solid foundations. Ours was different. We had small huts, in which we slept in groups. I heard the bathroom door open, but I didn't react. Newt stroked my hair and kissed my neck from behind, giving me goose bumps.

'Thinking huh?'

'Yes, some of us can to that!'

'You're so funny ha-ha' Newt replied, ironically. I laughed and he kissed me.

'Day Two' I said.

'Today we will find something, you'll see'

'I hope so'

We kissed for a while. I was sitting on his lap, and his hands held my waist.