II - Mysterious Encounter

Jennie

With the sun's bright rays, Rosè and I walk into the bookshop that has a huge library. Having the habit of visiting this place every weekend. We often study here and talk, and it was really iconic how people chose to spend weekends, going out, or partying rather than simply being engaged in books.

There is magic in books that even William Shakespeare can't really shake. Get the joke? But other than that, the magic was always there.

I read Harry Potter too much.

Sitting here in the mere afternoon, with a cup of coffee in hand. I felt myself slowly relax once we were seated in our spot in the library.

Chaeyoung was eating the donut I bought her today. The one she forced me to buy actually.

"Tell me again, why am I choosing to spend weekends with you?".

"Because simply I'm amazing". She raised her hand in the motion of thumbs up with a mouth full of the huge bite she took from the donut. I grinned and nodded, standing up to look for a book.

I usually finish books, when I'm too focused on them. But, this time. My mind was somewhere else, that I didn't even notice myself bumping into another person.

"Jennie right?". I looked up, my eyes widened once I saw who that voice belonged to. And it did belong, to the only Eric Nam I could ever think of.

"Yeah, and let me guess, you're Eric?". My voice sounded so unbelievable, I knew who he was for God's sake. I often daydream about him, but I had to keep my cool and shrug the tint of red that covered my cheeks. Shy much?

"You got that right". His white teeth shined.

I shyly looked down at my hands, feeling the tension in the air make me awkwardly move back and forth. "So, what brings you here?". He asked.

"The books?". I muttered, and it sounded like a question because it was very obvious. Raising my eyebrows like he asked the dumbest question- my eyes widened as I saw his body tense, "Oh, I meant like, my best friend and I always have this habit of coming here, either reading or talking".

"Ah, I see".

"What about you? I've seen you being so into the fields, not the indoors". I motioned to the library and moved a hair that tangled across my face, to the back of my ear.

"I asked your friend, I think her name was Mina. Yeah, I asked her where I can find you and she said you would be here. So, here I am". As he was talking, I noticed the familiar figure again. The girl that I saw yesterday, entered the library again and my breath got caught in the back of my lungs.

A blunt was placed against her plump lips - her gaze scanned the place. I noticed how she preferred to be simple, she wore black as if she mastered it, her black gloves making the scene more arousing.

Her black leather jacket, made the girl look as if she was a biker, who chose to lay down and chill in one of California beaches. The hustle of the moment— with Eric being in front of me made me blink as he waved his hand with a frown.

Your crush is in front of you Jennie, for fuck sake.

"Are you okay?". He raised his gaze up and down, scanning my face for a sign. I nodded, "Yeah, I'm okay".

"What I wanted to say is, I came here to ask you out". Eric once again ignored the discomfort in my face and chose to pop the question. "Will you go out with me?".

I was about to open my mouth to speak, but the mysterious woman cut me off. "You know, you should listen to your best friend more often".

My head snapped in her direction, and she wasn't even looking at me. Her gaze was preaching the books on the shelf, in front of her. Eric frowned and looked between me and her, "Do you know her?".

I was about to answer but she cut me off, again. "I don't necessarily have to know someone, to stop them from entering a zone of danger".

"Excuse me?".

"Let alone, a zone of an idiot". With that, she coldly met his gaze and walked away, leaving an angry Eric behind, as Chaeyoung stepped into the scene with confusion.

"So, that's what your best friend said huh?". He looked between me and Rosè, "Said what?".

"Do I look like an idiot to you?".

"Oh no no, no way". Rosè shrugged her head with wide eyes, "You should actually be the headmaster of stupid fuckboy behaviors". The evil grin on her face made me bite my lip anxiously.

Oh no, this won't end well.

"Fine, it was a mistake to think about asking you out". He coldly looked in my eyes and I couldn't even say any word as he walked away from us.

"Best mistake you meant!". Chaeyoung shouted from behind him.

"How many times should I tell you, girls, to be quiet?!." The librarian hissed at us with her glasses on the bridge of her nose.

"Sorry, angry bird". I said under my breath and walked away with the only thought of how I felt not so in control in front of that other woman.

She is so mysterious. And I'm just curious.