XXXII- Too Late

Jennie

I longed to watch Lisa forever— Her eyes were intensely boring into mine. And for a split second - I forgot about who she is. She inches her head closer, "Would you make me feel like one?".

I parted my lips, but nothing came out. "Exactly". Lisa's lips stayed in a perfect line, making it hard to read her. "You know that I'm not just a normal human being Jennie".

"I'm an assassin".

"I kill people and make their loved ones suffer". She crossed her arms, her bangs made her look more beautiful than ever. But why did she look so lifeless?

I looked at her in silence, the poetic words that I wanted to say were trapped deep inside my skull. And it only left my heart beating, slowly. "I can see it in your eyes". She wickedly smiled, "You're trying to change that".

I raised my eyebrows at her as she looked me up and down like a maniac, "You're trying too hard..".

My breath hitched as her face came closer to mine. "But why Jennie..?". Lisa whispers, the intoxicating closure made me stand still like a soldier. "Why would you want to save a soul like mine?".

Her lips brushed over mine, sending me into a daze. She was painting art with her plump lips— finding the right spots to just add pressure with them being on mine.

My cheeks were rosy as the door slammed open. "Am I interrupting?".

I pulled away and looked at the door. My best friend was standing along with Jisoo, who was almost as shocked as her. "No". Lisa's cold voice muttered, sending shivers down my spine.

"Lisa, I need to talk to you". Jisoo rasped, with a serious look on her face, I raised my eyebrows in confusion at her. Lisa nodded, her eyes settling on the solid ground. She didn't even glance at me and just left me here, with my best friend.

"Jennie? What was that?".

I blinked rapidly and looked at her, "What do you mean?".

"Were you guys making out?".

My eyes widened, "No, of course not!". Chaeyoung looked suspiciously at me as I looked at the ground and back at the door. "Why did Jisoo look so serious?".

Rosè rolled her eyes, "Nice, you're trying to change the topic. But, to answer you. I think it's what I did or you told me to do two days ago".

"Which is?". I sat down and pulled her down with me.

"Text Mina and tell her that we need help since some psychopath is trying to keep us here as hostages forever. And you never know".

"We can be killed and thrown in the sea, and Nemo himself will eat us". She stopped for a second before sighing, "That's sad, I expected a happy ending for my fairytale".

I jumped in panic, "No..".

"What?".

"Chaeyoung why would you— Mina is going to tell Eric where we are". I massaged my temples, "This is bad".

"Lisa..". I softly whispered.