VIII - Don't get too close

Lisa

I sat down on the couch, trying to think of a solution to the mess that was in front of me. My plan was to kill the man. Having someone else here is way too dangerous. Cops could easily track down her cell phone and then find me. Let alone, find the body of a well-known businessman, laying on the cold metal bed.

If someone noticed she was gone, it may affect my job.

I could've let her go, but she would've reported me to the cops. Keeping her here is dangerous as well, so what's the point?

I got up from my seat on the couch and looked at her unconscious figure. The girl looked beautiful - her small nose, reflected the two lines that traced her lips, they were so fascinating. I moved closer, letting my demons follow the darkness. And let myself drown into the beauty beyond my sight. She looked like an innocent angel who followed her curiosity.

But she followed the wrong person.

My index finger found her shoulder, it ran dimly through her skin. And she didn't look like these women I brought home. And inside my head, I was wondering why I kissed her. I adored the pain on the others - therefore only for those who deserve it. But instead, I chose to kiss her, blind her from her surroundings with a goddamn needle.

I felt myself slowly inching down, studying her restless face. Her lips seemed to be awakened by her body that was slowly, getting a grip of her brain. Between the phase of silence and loneliness, I usually chose to reflect on my shadows by the emptiness inside my heart.

I'm not hopeless - Maybe I was just, lifeless.

And she didn't seem to notice that.

Jennie

My body somehow felt numb - I tried moving my fingers, but other than that, I felt so weak. My mind slowly started to remember the scene. She wanted to kill him. She wanted to kill him. I opened my eyes and my breath hitched, the doll lookalike's face was inches away from mine.

She was calmly staring at me like a creep.

I couldn't hold back and screamed in her face. Instead of being taken aback by my sudden outburst, she raised her eyebrows and looked down at my lips, and made her plump ones meet mine once again. She kissed me, again.

I tried resisting, but she pinned my hands down. And tilted her head, making me finally stop resisting and give in to her dominance.

Sadly, she had a mind of her own, and pulled away, noticing how I stopped screaming because of how breathless I became. My lips were tingling me - my heart was racing and my mind was weirdly clouded. But realization hit me, she stole my first kiss. Literally, and kissed me just now.

In a swift motion, I got up, raising a finger at her to not get close. "Don't". I warned, "Don't get too close to me".

She looked impressed, but stepped closer to me, making me knock a couple of stuff from the shelf behind me, and make me stumble back, stopping once I was glued to the wall. "And then what princess?".

"Will you try to run away from me?".

"No". I lied.

"Liar!". She hissed but seemed so calm, to begin with. "You will try to run away, even if you aren't afraid of me. But why? Why didn't you fear the idea of following a stranger?". Her eyes scanned my face. "Why aren't you afraid of me?".

I crossed my arms and laughed dryly. "Seriously? I have worse nightmares about failing History or Political Science". My sarcastic comment made her seem paralyzed by my bravery. "Than to be stuck with an assassin or a murderer".

"Why did you kiss me?". I asked her, but she seemed unfazed by my questions. As cold as a plain knife - the distant look in her eyes made me tremble, "Why did you follow me?".

I rolled my eyes, "Answer me first mysterious woman - may I know why did you kiss me?".

"What's stopping me from kissing you?". She smirked, making me glare at her. "Respect; you should at least show some respect to my personal space and.. that was my first kiss you stole ma'am".

"And you should've at least, tried to think before coming up with the idea of following a stranger". She lashed back, "Like me". I shrugged my head and felt my blood boiling up, "A jerk like you stole my first kiss, and I don't even know why I'm still here standing talking to someone like you".

"I saved your life".

"You stole my first kiss—".

A grin plastered on her face, "A virgin that makes you". My cheeks heated up at her remark. And yes, being a senior and being at the age of an adult, that truly makes it seem very odd and weird to some people. But maybe, I was just waiting for that one for me.

"There is nothing wrong with being a virgin".

"Yeah sure". She shrugged her head, "There is nothing wrong with stalking people". Her cocky comments were really getting under my skin. But I didn't know what to say. "Silent now I see". The girl with bangs nodded at me, "Good, I prefer the silence".

Mentally I'm going crazy, and I swear, she's the reason why.