Scene 5 - Hospital

Accident and emergency, St. Thomas Hospital, London. Sherlock and John marching through the hospital quickly, Sherlock leading. They rush through the other nurses hurrying and the patients in their beds being pushed along from ward to ward. An unsettling, unhygienic public hospital. As they enter a specific room, Tim lies in the bed, as his girlfriend Cathy lies concerned for him. Inspector Greg Lestrade waits with none other than Mycroft by the patient, and Dr. Molly Hooper; standing over him with the clipboard. With Timothy breathing heavily unconsciously, the life-threatening equipment and resources and wires onto his chest, arms, neck and wrists, to support him keeping him alive. As Sherlock and John arrive, Holmes sighs as he turns his face away realizing who is there – his brother.

Sherlock:

(Under his breath) Ugh! Why is he here?

John:

Just be nice to him Sherlock.

He heads to the patient, standing over his bed.

Catherine:

The famous Sherlock Holmes?

Sherlock:

Good evening, Catherine? You must be his girlfriend?

Inspector Lestrade:

Sherlock, good you're here. Ugh

Sherlock:

Well of course I am. You called me in the first place. What do you want?

Inspector Lestrade:

This poor bloke would be dead if his girlfriend hadn't found him in time.

Sherlock:

Fine Inspector, fine.

Mycroft:

Sherlock, I think I need to talk to...

Sherlock:

Shut up Mycroft. You're not helping. What's his state Molly?

Molly:

His pulse is steadying. Bleeding stopped. Tim is still unconscious.

Sherlock:

A long story short?

Molly:

He'll live Sherlock.

Sherlock ponders over the patient as the Inspector, John and Mycroft convene by the other side of the room.

John:

Why are you here Mycroft?

Mycroft:

I have some information that my brother would find rather useful.

John:

Do you know about this Inspector?

Inspector Lestrade:

Yep. The power stations are on full stand by.

Mycroft presents a piece of paper out to the two men but hiding the writing to himself.

Mycroft:

This writing has us alert.

Sherlock also engages in a conversation with Molly and Catherine, smiling sweetly as she explains.

Sherlock:

So, Catherine, what were you doing when you found him? On a date? Waiting for a date?

Catherine:

Yeah. Well, the thing is we were going to meet up at Westminster Bridge. Go out for the night. But, um, I was caught up in some traffic at Hyde Park.