Scene 10 - Restored

hospital as the phone call ceases. Catherine disgusted by his foul attitude, almost seemingly about to cry.

Catherine:

Mum and dad said that we were putting him behind us a few years ago. I can't stop him from calling because he put something that unlocks him from my people.

John:

You ok?

Catherine:

Sure. Sure. He's not worth it.

Sherlock, Molly, Mycroft return to the dark ward, with the torches, either a real one or on their phones, with the Inspector shouting or rambling down into his phone, due to the police almost going down.

John:

Well Sherlock?

Sherlock:

What do you think John? If we had the power would have been turned back on.

That instant, the lights spark back up. The computers flash out to normal. Everything switches back on, just like that. Across the entirety of London! We see the lights from a bird's eyes view above the vast city. Almost simultaneously, the lights boom back on, we see a small dot in space light back up – the power had been restored. London was back to normal, again. With Catherine and the others who have it out see on their screens that power had been completely rejuvenated.

Catherine:

It's back. It's back!

Inspector Lestrade:

(On the phone) Yes. Yes, I know Sergeant! It's back running in the hospital too... Then get them to Westminster Bridge as soon as possible. Stand by.

He calls off.

Mycroft:

So it was just like that then dear brother.

Sherlock:

Shut up Mycroft. Inspector?

Inspector Lestrade:

They're on their way, now the traffic is going to start moving.

Catherine's phone begins vibrating suddenly again, seeing that it's Cian.

Catherine:

Great. Now what does she want?

Timothy:

She?

Catherine:

Yeah, well you know my brother. Brothers sometimes!

Timothy:

Don't answer him Cathy, he isn't worth it. You said it yourself.

Catherine:

Yeah, but I want to see him react.

Timothy:

Fair enough.

She answers the phone once more, and her brother is excited on the phone.

Catherine:

Ah, loving brother. What brings you back to me again?

Cian:

Oi, oi! I've done it! I've done it! I got the power back to the city!

Catherine:

No. You're joking?

Cian:

Yeah. Yeah.

Catherine:

Then how then dear brother.

Cian:

Right, so, I have my own software and locks that keep me away from the power cut, right? And so I was able to locate the source of where it was cut.

Catherine looks at her nails, as her voice shows her boredom and disinterest.

Catherine:

Really? Interesting? Tell me more good brother.

Cian:

Right, ok, yeah, and I was able to find where it was. And then, I was able to put one of my locks on it. And so yeah babes. Just like that.

Catherine:

Ok dear brother. I'm very proud of you. Well done. In fact, I'm going to text mum and dad to tell them what a great achievement their son has achieved. Yeah, ok honey. Ok then, bye bye. Bye sweetie!

She finishes the call and takes a huge sigh of relief.

That wasn't so bad.

Timothy:

He said he found who encrypted it.

Catherine:

I know. Sherlock, Inspector?

The two turn towards her.

You'll never believe who got rid of the power cut.