Scene 12 - Following to wherever

JUMP! Sherlock scans the underground sewer with the torch whilst we hear the sewage water rush down, the sludgy gunge head down towards the Thames. John begins scanning the area too, him flashing the torch lights around carefully – the same area where Tim was struck down. The two are alone, and their torches light up at the cables leading inward, into the bleak, mysterious darkness.

Sherlock:

This way.

John:

I don't like us two just heading down here on our own.

Sherlock:

You worry too much John. Keep quiet.

John:

But what if they're waiting for us? And then we wouldn't have anyone to call for.

Sherlock:

What have I told you John, shut up. You worry too much. They're coming after we remember as a backup when we find them.

John:

Then what about the corner, that he went around?

Sherlock:

It's fine John. There's no one around there.

John:

Sure?

Sherlock:

Course I am. Just trust me.

He wanders around, and nothing is around.

You see?

John:

Oh, good. Good.

Sherlock:

Then follow along the cables, keep quiet, and come on!

They proceed down the eerie and grim sewers, a couple of rats running in front of them, avoiding being trampled on by the giants. Along the passage is potholes into the wall, perhaps a method to hide to cover perhaps.

John:

Filthy place down here.

Sherlock:

It's not exactly meant to be the cleanest place John.

John:

Still its interesting seeing below London.

Sherlock:

Look. We'll have to jump.

John:

What? Through that?

Sherlock:

Sssshhh. Keep your voice down John. We could be near.

John:

But we have to jump over that?

Sherlock:

Yep. The cables lead up and over that path. Off you go. Jump.

John:

Really? Must I?

Reluctantly, with distaste on his face, he runs up and jumps over to the other side, with rats scurrying away quickly once landed. Sherlock then jumps too, and then cautiously follows the cables further into the sewers.

Sherlock:

That wasn't so bad John? You weren't afraid of that, were you?

John:

Afraid? Me? No!

Sherlock:

Good.

The two peer around the corner, another safe passage as they follow the wires heading to someplace, eventually. They must be getting near it now.