Scene 6 - The Scene of the Crime

The same night, the police mark the bottom of the bridge. Scientific teams analyzing the situation. Officers guarding the site. The police car pulls up by the pavement on the north side of the A302. The Inspector, Sherlock and John jump up and head down the steps as an officer pulls up the tape as they enter the crime scene.

John:

When was he found?

Inspector Lestrade:

Seven. Found just at the bottom there. Well Sherlock?

Sherlock analyses the detail precisely, with the slightest precision.

Sherlock:

He's been dragged here. Tiny little blood stains, leading...

Blood stains, almost microscopic, lead over to the hidden wooden entrance. Sherlock can obviously just make out that there is an entrance below.

Here! There's a secret entrance leading down here. But to where? Greg, how did he get those injuries. Must have been beaten by a pulp.

He flashes back to examining Tim, and the little dirt marks, tiny little dirt marks, left behind on his skin.

Piece of pipe. Metal pipe.

John:

So he must have found the entrance somehow.

Inspector Lestrade:

And went down and was beaten. But how, if he was beaten down there, get back up here? Whoever beat him wouldn't have left him on display here for anyone to find him.

John's phone begins ringing, and excuses himself to answer.

Sherlock:

Then something must have led him down here. Waiting for Catherine to arrive?

Finally, he discovers the black cables, leading into the wall – or out upon the pavement.

Or perhaps he was led by these cables. You get some of your men to find out where the cables lead round that side.

Inspector Lestrade:

And you think that they lead into the sewers?

Sherlock:

Then let's find out.

Inspector Lestrade:

Wait, wait Sherlock. We can't go down there now. We don't know where it will lead, or what we will run into. Tim went down there and he almost didn't make it out alive. So we will be completely unprepared for what we will face.

Sherlock:

True. You round up some of your men to check where the cables lead round there, and down there.

Inspector Lestrade:

Right.

John:

Sherlock. It's Molly. Tim is beginning to talk.

Sherlock turns to us and realizes what must be done next...