Scene 7 - Beginning to talk

The hospital once more. Cathy carefully holds Tim by the shoulder as he shakes nervously in the bed, his eyes wide open, like he's having a fit. Molly reads the monitors for his heart rate and blood pressure, steadying increasing gradually. The patient mutters and mumbles, slurred and quickly. His girlfriend can just make out what he cries.

Timothy:

Sewers! Underground! Cables! Date! Drain! Westminster Bridge!

Catherine:

What's happening to him Molly?

Molly:

The anesthetic obviously wearing off. Patients usually act like that when they come back around.

Catherine:

Are you sure?

Molly:

Trust me Catherine. Trust me. What's he saying?

Timothy:

Time! Man! Balaclava! Catherine! Catherine! Catherine!

Catherine:

Yes Tim. I'm here. I'm here. If you can hear me, I've contacted your parents to let them know. You're fine!

He shakes erratically, before beginning to calm down, continuing to take deep breaths heavily.

Molly:

Pulse and blood pressure steadying. Heart and breathing rate relaxing.

Catherine:

Tim. Tim! Timothy! Can you hear me?

He is now calm and reassured, meanwhile we spot Sherlock, John and the Inspector head back down towards the ward in a hurry.

Timothy:

Yeah. Yeah, I can hear you.

Catherine:

You're in hospital. You were attacked. I found you unconscious by the bottom of the Bridge.

Timothy:

Must have been in shock a second ago. The anesthetic wearing off? Wait, if I was unconscious, why would I need an anesthetic?

They smile at each other as Cathy kisses him on his forehead as Sherlock's party return, catching the attention of Mycroft sat on the chair near the other bed, playing with himself strangely for a period of time.

Sherlock:

Because you need rest.

John:

Everything alright here? Tim, you look much better.

Timothy:

Sherlock Holmes himself? And the famous John Watson too? Hmph! Some date this turned out to be.

Sherlock:

How's the patient recovering Molly?

Molly:

Blood pressure, heart and breathing rate returned to healthy levels. All the patient needs now Timothy is rest. By the way Sherlock, what's your brother still doing here? He's been sitting here for ages.

Mycroft:

No doubt if I leave my brother would arrest me.

Sherlock:

He would. Now, I just drove over to the crime scene and was there only for a minute or two and found some vital information at the end of the bridge. But first, Tim if you feel up to it, can you explain everything that happened until now?