Scene 13 - The Power Players

The torches flash to a specific area where the cables lead down another long and stingy path of the sewers of London, just another tunnel it seems. When the lights flash on the leading cables, Sherlock and John follow their torches, pointing it out directly as they steadily creep down. Eventually, they notice that the cables head down a passage where the light shines out from it, the cables leading to a power source. The detectives halt, then begin whispering again.

John:

When is the Inspector and his reinforcements coming?

Sherlock:

They'll be here soon John. Just give it a sec. Look. We must be where the Power Players lie.

John:

They can shut down the power supply of the entire city from a small little passage in the underground?

Sherlock:

Then let's find out.

The men creep further, slower and slower around carefully puccy-footing on the ground as they halt around the corner. Gently, their heads poke around the corner, just when John stops Sherlock and tells him something.

John:

Wait a minute, this is just like an old puppet TV show I used to watch when I was a kid.

Sherlock:

What?

John:

An undersea race are preparing to launch a swarm out to the oceans of the world, and a sub crew find out and they were devastated at the armies they saw.

Sherlock:

Context John?

John:

I think we're about to do the same.

Sherlock:

Right. Yeah. Anyway then. Let's see.

Finally, they poke their heads around the corner, and what a surprise they're in for. The cables then scatter off and individually lead off to other parts of a huge generator room. More wires are dangled around, all connecting to some piece of technology somewhere in this hideout. The balaclava men, busy operating at their massive computers and laptops, with the binary software and keyboard half of them type hurriedly on. The generator itself providing the electrical supplies and power in the hideout situates directly in the centre, a circular metal box providing some energy of its own. Half a dozen cables lead and connect into the power source, seemingly like nearly all terminate at the sockets of the generator. The rest of the walls and bricks, stale and moulding, nothing hardly worth noting of the dim and verdant walls.

The other remaining props and objects worth taking an interest; sets of wooden stalls for wooden tables where the computers sit, and the fountains of water along the sides with water which may or may not completely be safe to drink especially when you live in the sewers, with stacks of more fizzy drinks and unhealthy types of food left at the back; boxes of pizza, chocolate with crisps and plastic packaging of empty doughnuts. The remaining balaclava men, elsewhere fixing another problem, personnel or technical problems. The leader of the balaclava men, or the Power Players, is established. The strongest and most dominating with the biggest shoulders in black, with one distinguishing feature – a grey balaclava.

This the Power Players wear at all times for means of secrecy and security. We only hear their voices, their deep, growling voices. Some however not so, less deep voices suggesting some of a younger age or have only just hit puberty. Sherlock and John get a good long hard look at this before turning to each other. The leader stands and orders ruthlessly.