Scene 8 - The Threat

The outside of the hospital. Someplace around the corner, a quiet spot in the pitch-black night, puddles dripping before them. Maybe near the hospital with the hospital window next to the wandering Sherlock. Must have rained at some point earlier. Sherlock still holds his hands in his coat pocket, with John and Mycroft heading up after him. Once they regroup, there is an awkward silence for a moment.

Sherlock:

Well. What do you want John?

John:

You know what I want. The paper in your pocket, the one your brother gave you. You two know exactly what I mean. What does it say?

Sherlock:

John...

John:

What does it say?

Mycroft:

You know Sherlock, I think he ought to know about what is...

Sherlock:

Shut up Mycroft!

John:

You never tell me what goes on do you Sherlock. You and your brother never, ever tell me what is going on! You keep being so secretive, all the time. And it kills you! Every single damn time. And you and your brother hiding this little thing from me really is going to get you. I'm your colleague. Your associate. Your friend. Remember what happened to my wife. Hmm? She saved you that night.

Sherlock:

John, you're getting emotional!

John:

OF COURSE I'M GETTING EMOTIONAL SHERLOCK!

Mycroft:

Oh, lord. Here we go.

Sherlock:

John? John? Ok. Ok. The hospital isn't a good place for John, Mycroft. John? John? Ok, ok. I'll show you.

He takes out the note and shows him.

Mycroft:

You sure John ought to know?

Sherlock:

Positive. John, here. This is it.

John reads it. What the black and white document states remain unseen. After he finishes the long paragraphs, John turns back to his friend.

John:

This? Why did you keep this from me?

Sherlock:

Doesn't matter.

John:

Of course it does!

Sherlock:

Look John, who knows what these people want. And who knows what they could do next. If they do anything as bad as they demand then this entire city is at stake!

John:

My god, it's so annoying when you do that Sherlock! It wouldn't have made much difference anyway!

The lights flash off. All of them. Everywhere. The hospital's bright lights dissipate. The entire electrical supply across the hospital. Across the street. Across the entirety of London! Everything now was simply blackness. An entire city nothing more than darkness. Horns honk. People cry and scream. The cars panic, their lights and other battery-powered gadgets the only source of light. Traffic lights had gone too. Trains had frozen. Electrical signposts across the city have flashed off. London had just been thrown into chaos.

Sherlock:

No. Not now. Not already.

John:

I can't read my watch. But it said ten o clock.

Sherlock:

Obviously they couldn't wait. And now London is gridlocked.

John:

What have they done? The hospital. The hospital!

He and Sherlock rush back in speedily, leaving Mycroft alone in the dark again. Feeling scared of what lies in the dark, he then follows back after them, but then the entire hospital was left in the dark...