𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

2 hours later when I returned from Bri's house, I sat on my bed wondering what I should do about the whole situation. I mean I wanna call the police because my bestfriend has been raped and she is mentally Scarred but I know if I do, Zayden will be in big trouble and try to hurt Bri or even me. I don't wanna make the situation worst then it already is.

     As I'm sitting on my bed I hear my brother begging my dad for something. Probably money I thought.

"Dad, why do I have to take her ? She doesn't even like basketball." he begged.

"Because i have work and I don't like her staying home by herself. If I even leave one of you alone home, you guys both have to be together."

My dad is a single father and can't let what happened to my mother happen to us. When I was 2 and Xavier 3, we were at home around 7p with our mom. We were sitting on the couch when we heard banging on the windows and doors. Our mom picked us both off the couch and started running toward the attic. In the attic, she sat us down on the floor and whispered, "Don't make a sound." As she went back downstairs, 3 people broke the windows with a brick then grabbed my mom and put her in a choke hole. They put a plastic bag over my mom's head and suffocated her to death. Then, went throughout our house and stole everything that looked valuable to them. Soon the alarms went off and they fled. I still wonder why to this day they didn't go off sooner but we didn't have a lot of money so they were cheap after all. Cops were later notified and sent to the house and found my mom dead on the floor. My dad had told us that after a while, they heard my brother and I crying for our mom upstairs because she left us for a long time. To this day I always thank god. Even though my mom passed away tragically that night, he and his angels definitely watched over us. If it wasn't for my mom's smart thinking, my brother and I probably would not be here. You could tell all that mattered to her in that moment was making sure her kids were okay.
    My dad always says that it was our grandmother who watched over us. She died a few months back from cancer. You can obviously tell my dad was a fighter. Losing the love of his life and mother in the same year had to be a lot on him. He never shows his emotions infront of us but I can tell he hurts inside whenever someone brings up their names.
   Growing up without a mother figure was hard. My dad didn't know how to deal with periods, sex talks or anything like that. Luckily, I always had Brianna's mom to talk too. Even though she didn't birth me, I always treat her as if she was my own mom. That's why I would feel guilty not telling Bri's mom that she was raped. I feel that her mom would have something against me and I really can't lose her or her mom because her mom wouldn't want to talk to me for not saying anything sooner and would force bri to stop talking to me so she wouldn't have to be around me and zay's bullshit. That's definitely the last thing my ass needs right now. But anyways I really look up to my dad cause he works night and day at a bank tryna put a roof over our heads and food on the table for us so I really appreciate his hard work and dedication.

"I don't care! You are taking your sister or not going at all." All I hear is arguing but my dad wins every argument, every time. So, I get ready anyways. Even though I really didn't wanna go. I decided to put on something cute since I know all the boys on the basketball are going to be there obviously and they all are fucking FINEE. I swear I'm not a hoe though! Plus, there is this kid named Mikey on the team and he's kinda cute. I've heard rumors he has or had a crush on me. He has a girlfriend though and I'm currently in something like a relationship right now, but trust me I won't be for long. I put on this black spaghetti strapped bodysuit and some light washed half- ripped blue jeans.

 I put on this black spaghetti strapped bodysuit and some light washed half- ripped blue jeans

   After I finished getting dressed my brother comes into my room.

"Dad said You gotta come with me to the game." he says.

"First of all, you know how to knock. Second of all, I know because I heard your stupid ass and dad arguing in the hallway. Did you really think you was gonna win arguing to dad 😭🤦🏾‍♀️. You know how he is about letting us be by ourselves. Especially when it comes to me since I'm a girl." I say
"Okay smart-ass let's go 😤🙄." He responds.
We both go downstairs, kiss our dad good bye and head out.