Chapter 22-The Protective Insitinct

Lillac froze up, she had known she would meet her father but didn't expect it to happen so suddenly. "Carlotta, I've missed you."
"Why did you leave then?"
"I had to"
"Why? Give me a valid reason to abandon your submissive!"
"You won't understand"
"Try me. I've been abused by my stepfather since I was 5, I was taught submissives are scum. Do you even remember what creature I am?"
"Fire Veela"
"What about the medical conditions I was born with?"
"Damaged vocal cords, partial vision loss, hypertension and temperature control problems" Charlie stated with a grief-stricken face. Lillac went to reply when Charlie offered her his hand, she took it cautiously. Charlie wrapped him in a hug using his wings to warm her. He was a fire dragon so his wings emit heat."You were shaking" he said, nobody else not even Lillac had noticed this.

This scene reminded Bill of the day Lillac was born. She was born 10 weeks early, the doctors had just told the family what problems Lillac had, they went to put her in the incubator when Charlie's creature came out. He carefully pulled her to his chest and wrapped his flaming wings close enough for her to heat up. It was at that moment their creatures formed a bond that could never be broken. Everyday since then, Charlie would feel Lillac's pain and emotions.