b. Herbology and Horticulture

Throughout the ages, Mother Nature has provided organic methods to practice magick. From sand to rainwater, witches across the globe have manipulated natural materials into providing for their magick. The following is an alphabetical list of some popular resources and their uses. This is not a complete list. If you'd like a complete list, you'd have to go buy a horticulture book.

Aloe

Used for healing, protection, and purity spells. Also great for sunburn.

Ash

It is said that burning an ash log for Yule promises prosperity in the new year. Also used in protection and luck spells.

Baby's Breath

Used for purity, new beginnings, and protection spells. Also highly representative of fresh, new love.

 Also highly representative of fresh, new love

Bamboo

Intended primarily for good luck, protection against evil spirits and hex breaking. However, it also is representative of long, healthy lives.

Basil

Good for the attraction of wealth and success. It is also popular for some of its banishment properties.

Belladonna

HIGHLY POISONOUS - used for curses, hexes, and poisons. Students aren't allowed to use it.

Bloodroot

Especially popular for its ability to bring peace amongst family and wellbeing in a home. Dried and crushed bloodroot is a good substitute for actual blood.

Bluebell

Excellent for truth spells, mourning the dead, and preventing nightmares.