one

three years later, luke and calum were inseparable. luke was 18 and finishing up his senior year in high school while calum was trying to find himself.

not much had changed besides the fact that calum was now covered in tattoos, as everyone predicted. luke was still the same small innocent boy as before.

calum sat in his apartment living room. he had the day off from his job waiting job at buffalo wild wings. it wasn't a great job, but it was enough to make ends meet.

luke had just finished school, his book bag on his back as he held his calculus test in his hand. he basically ran to his car throwing his things in the passenger seat.

he drove quickly, but only two over the speed limit he didn't want to get pulled over, to calum's house. once he pulled in, he got out of his car and took the test back in his hand. the blond stomped up the flights of stairs not caring how loud he was being.

when he reached calum's apartment, he flung the door opened and closed it behind himself. calum looked over at luke, raising his eyebrow at him.

"oh my gosh," luke whined as he took his white vans, kept in perfect shape, and placed them nicely in front of the door.

"hi calum, how was your day? oh my day was amazing thank you luke," calum said, raising his voice to mimic luke's.

luke puffed out his bottom lip, moving over to the couch where calum sat. he sat so he was facing the older boy, the papers being held close to his chest. his face was quite red and his heart was in shambles.

"what's wrong, lu?" calum whispered, placing his hand on luke's knee to comfort him.

"i got a c minus on my test, my grade is gonna be so bad! i studied for hours and hours and hours!" luke said, tears finally escaping his eyes. he let the paper fall into his lap as he pulled the sleeves of his green crewneck over his hands to wipe his tears.

"it's not the end of the world," calum began, grabbing the test. he took a look over the whole thing, his head completely spinning at the concepts on the paper. a smirk appeared on his face as he began to rip it in half, dropping it to the floor.

"see, no big deal," the older boy shrugged, looking at his favorite person. luke just sat there, wiping his tears.

"why am i such a dummy? i'm the stupidest teenage boy alive," the blonde whispered, still in his tantrum. calum shook his head, moving closer to luke and pulling the small boy into his side. luke instantly wrapped his arms around his waist, burying his head into his chest as he let out small cries.

of course calum understood why luke was so upset, he worked so hard at this but it was gonna be okay. his parents weren't going to be mad, his grade wasn't going to be bad, and calum was still gonna be there in the end.

calum rubbed circles into luke's back, trying to get him to calm down just a little. before he knew it, the sniffles had stopped and luke just laid up against his side.

"see, everything is okay," calum said, smiling as he ruffled luke's hair, causing luke to let out a small giggle. he moved his head to calum's shoulder, looking up at him.

calum wished moments like this could last forever.