eleven

luke felt bad, absolutely awful. this was so unlike him. if his parents found out, he would be grounded for life.

he got up for school at the regular time and left like normal, but instead of going to school he was meeting calum somewhere. calum wouldn't tell him where, so he just hoped he wasn't being kidnapped by his boyfriend.

luke's pale fingers tapped against the steering wheel as he drove over to calum's. the older boy was already sitting in his car, waiting for him to arrive. a smile appeared on his face when he saw him.

luke parked his car beside calum's and swiftly got into the other car.

"i skipped class to be with you today, this better be good," the younger boy said in a joking manner, leaning over to peck his lips.

"it'll be fun i promise," calum assured him, taking his hand. he began to drive, luke staring out the window to try and figure out where they were going.

calum pulled into the small parking lot of this little building. there was a few other cars there and it looked very cute.

"what is it?" luke questioned unbuckling his seatbelt. calum just shrugged and got out of the car. he led the small boy inside the building. inside there was a few old ladies and painting canvases. calum wanted to try where everyone painted off of one base picture. he wasn't quite sure what the activity name was called.

"i've always wanted to do this!" luke squealed, hugging calum tightly. it may be a stupid reason to get out of school, but the next class was over the weekend and he switched shifts with someone else.

the couple sat down beside each other, aprons wrapped around them. the picture they were painting was a sunset. the entire time, luke never stopped smiling. he was having the time of his life.

"thank you for this," luke whispered, pressing a quick kiss to his cheek.

"anything for you," calum answered, smiling back at him. before he knew it, luke's attention was towards an older lady. this lady and luke had talked the entire time about random things. she was the sweetest person he had ever met. he wished that she was his grandma, even if he did love both of his grandmas.

after a few hours, they were done and everything was dried. luke's was way more beautiful and he was a better artist than calum's was, but that was okay. calum just wanted to make luke happy.

once they left, calum treated luke to his favorite mexican restaurant. he had made it so easy to skip school. the blonde hadn't thought about school since he saw calum. luke constantly asked when he was skipping next, and calum had to tell him this was a one time thing. he didn't want his parents to find out and kill him.

calum hadn't just showered luke with love. he made him realize so many different things about himself. more importantly, he helped luke discover something he really loved doing and that was painting.