two

luke held onto calum's hand as he led the older boy through the woods, giggling hysterically.

"luke, where are we going?" calum asked, confused as why they were walking through a place with a lot of trees. the outside was not his favorite place to be.

"i wanna show you something," luke said, his steps delicate so he didn't hurt any bugs or other creatures. it made calum's heart grow fonder of a boy he already cherished.

it didn't take them too long before they reached a small stream with a little grass area next to it. he smiled widely and turned around, proud of his discovery.

"it's so pretty," luke whispered as he walked into the grass, taking a seat in the grass, "like you cal!"

calum rolled his eyes and sat down beside him, looking at the stream. "says you."

luke's cheeks turned a slight shade of pink, but he didn't even try and hide it. he didn't care if it was seen.

they sat in silence, the only sounds being heard were the water and a few tree branches breaking.

"do you think we digest mud?" luke asked randomly, looking at calum.

"i mean it is dirt and water so i would say yes," calum responded, shaking his head at the question.

"what about sticks?"

"probably not,"

"can we digest rocks?"

"luke what the fuck," calum said with a laugh. luke puffed his bottom lip out, hitting calum's chest pretty hard, well for luke.

"watch your mouth," the younger boy said with an attitude evident in his voice. he absolutely hated swear words, and almost anything mean or dirty. at times, calum would try to piss him off by swearing but this was not one of those times.

"sorry lu," calum said with sincerity. the older boy stood up, offering the small boy his hand. "let's go, im being bit up."

luke stood up, on his own, crossing his arms over his chest as he made his way back to calum's car. calum followed close behind him, making sure he didn't get out of his eyesight in case something bad happened to him.

the two got to the car. luke climbed into the car, looking out the window. calum felt bad, he didn't mean to make him upset, well this time. to make up for his mistake, the dark haired boy drove to the nearest wendy's.

luke smiled as he looked out the window but didn't turn towards calum. he wanted him to believe he was still mad. the older boy ordered for the both of them, knowing exactly what luke got. his order never changed no matter how much food he stole of calum's.

once they got their food, they went back to calum's apartment. luke skipped behind calum down the hallway to his apartment. the older boy unlocked the door and pushed it open before walking inside. he went into the kitchen, placing the bags on the counter.

swiftly, luke wrapped his arms around the other boy's side, giving him a tight squeeze. calum chuckled, wrapping his arms back around him.

"you're welcome you brat," calum joked causing luke to giggle and let go to go eat his food.