sixteen

christmas was approaching soon and that meant one thing for luke, deciding on where he wanted to go to college. he had some idea on what he wanted to do, but he was afraid his parents would be against it.

luke was laying in his bed, surprisingly alone today. his mom knocked on the door before slowly opening it.

"lukey, can we talk?" she asked, her voice calm. she didn't want to scare him.

"yeah, what's up?" luke asked, smiling as he sat up.

"i think we need to talk about college. i want you to sit down and realize what you want to do and where you want to go. deadlines are soon, im just worried about you," she said, placing her hand on top of his.

"i just don't know," was all luke could choke out. he only knew he didn't want to leave the life he had.

"it's okay to not know, but i believe you should get a feel out there. you may find some place you adore. it's okay to leave. just take awhile and apply for me okay?" she kissed his forehead before standing up and leaving him to be all alone again.

he took out his computer and looked at schools all over. he read for hours, applied for a few and just hoped for the best. he was leaning for a school quite a bit away. what if him and calum broke up over him moving?

the thought of having to start over, with nobody there for him and miles away absolutely terrified him. if they did stay together, it would be so difficult to make time for each other. luke didn't know if he could do long distance. them being five minutes away was long distance enough.

to: calum
applied 2 colleges

don't leave me

to: luke
im going where ever you are

i don't give a shit where as long as we're together

i love you forever

calum was understanding and always listened to whatever luke had to say, even if it was dumb. it was one of his favorite qualities about him. from the outside, he looked like the biggest jerk on the planet. he was constantly mean mugging people. in reality, calum was the biggest sweetheart.

there was nobody in the world who he would want to spend his time with. he wanted to be with calum till the day he died.