nineteen

calum wanted to get luke something special to show how important he was to him. he wanted something luke would remember for the rest of his life. one of luke's favorite things to do was trace calum's tattoos. so, he figured taking the boy to get his first tattoo would be perfect.

when calum told luke about the idea, he was ecstatic. luke had wanted one for awhile now, but did not know what to get. it was perfect that they were going together and calum was picking for the both of them.

luke was literally bouncing off the car walls, talking at a hundred words per minute. it almost was like he drank thirty energy drinks. calum's hand rested on his thigh, trying his best to calm him down.

"im excited," luke said, tapping his fingers against the cold window as he giggled at his own actions.

"i don't know if i should let them do it if you're all spazzed out," calum joked. luke huffed, leaning over and flicking his ear. then, the blonde hushed him.

calum pulled into the lot, and got out. he waited for luke, holding his hand out for him to grab it. when they went in, the tattoo artist, named greg, greeted calum. he did all of his tattoos and they were extremely close because of it. they chatted about a few things before greg took luke back to the chair.

the older boy followed behind, wanting to comfort luke because he knew there was a chance he cried. he was a very sensitive person.

greg asked calum about the design, and the tan boy drew out what he wanted them both to get.

"where at?" greg asked, causing calum to point to luke's ankle. greg nodded in response, moving down his swivel chair.

luke chewer on his lip, holding onto calum's hand and going over the writing near his thumbs.

"it won't hurt that bad i promise," calum whispered, trying his best not to laugh. it wasn't funny to see him hurt, but it was kinda funny cause he was over dramatic.

once the buzz started, luke closed his eyes. he let greg do what he was supposed to do. once he was done, he placed a piece of cotton over the small area.

"all done," greg said. luke's eyes shot open, smiling widely.

"i didn't cry!" he exclaimed, leaning over and pecking calum's lips.

"im so proud of you," calum whispered, smiling back at him widely.

they switched spots, but greg made it so luke couldn't peak at calum's. luke talked about random things, still playing with calum's hand.

once they were both done, calum paid greg and they were off back to luke's house. they pulled into the driveway and luke was itching to see what they got.

"can i look now, please!" the blonde begged, puffing his lip out at him and giving him the puppy dog eyes.

"go ahead and look," calum said, barely finishing his sentence. luke carefully ripped off the cover, his heart heavy.

calum picked out matching hearts so, no matter what, they were always together.