Chapter 26: We Need A Cure

(Maria's POV)

As I slept peacefully, my ears and tail twitched. I could only wonder about my friends back at home. I hope Rylan is okay. I hope we can find a way home though...

I open my eyes to see Laurence in shock. Aphmau was holding his sword and Lucinda and Dottie looked worried at Melissa because she had her fists ready for battle. I noticed that their eyes are pink again. Once again being possessed by the void.

"Maria! Come on! We have to go!" Lucinda exclaimed.

I followed everyone else outside. As I followed them, something tells me that the void is trying to possess Melissa permanently.

We thought we lost them, but they came back at us, knocking out Laurence. But then Aphmau and Melissa came out of the possession and realized their mistakes. Tears swelled up and we gave each other hugs. I wanted to talk to Modzilla about something.

~~3 Minutes Later...~~

Lucinda and Dottie were comforting Melissa and Polly and Laila were with Aphmau and Tommy. Laurence was okay thought. I just wanted to talk to Modzilla about a cure.

"It happened again." I said.

"The possession?" Modzilla asked.

"Yes. The burns on them are only getting bigger and Melissa's burn has covered her entire arm." I explained.

"The damage could be fixable. I know void burns can be scary at first but—" Modzilla says but I interrupt him.

"Melissa's physically losing herself to the void. She fees like that it's trying to possess her forever." I said.

Modzilla looked away from me.

"In the past, I searched for a cure for my own void burn but only had little success. Even if I went back to that reaserch, there's no guarantee what little I did recover would be applicable to her arm." Said Modzilla.

"Modzilla, she attacked us. I'm scared for her. I don't want to lose anymore friends. I can't deal with anymore drama in my life." I said.

"I'll see what I can do." Said Modzilla.

"Okay." I said.

I walked off and I joined the rest of my friends.

"Please find a cure..." I thought.