9.

Chapter 9 |

"This is so good." Orlando moaned as he stuffed his face.

My aunt laughed as my cousin Gina shook her head.

"So how's life been treating you?" She smiled putting her hand through my soft crimped hair.

"Good, Actually on a business trip right at this moment. That's kinda why we're here."

"Behind the fact that we came to visit." Pooda eyed me before going back to stuffing his face.

Even though it was only my Abuela, Sydney, and Gina in the kitchen with us... I felt their looks judging me with suspicion.

"What business do you do?" Sydney said with her hand on her hip.

"Something that doesn't deal with your bitter ass." I rolled my eyes as Orlando tapped my wrist.

"Be nice." He mouthed

I pouted as I sat next to him. Gina smiled, "Ohhhh, he got you well behaved sis." My Abuela and she gave each other a high five.

I rolled my eyes, "Way to be mature."

They shrugged their shoulders. Gina signed as she sat across from us.

"Your going after Leon Gonzalo aren't you?" She whispered

I nodded, "Savay, just forget it. We're fine now and-

"We're? Of course, you are, your alive. My family are buried somewhere along with a few more of my cousin and couple old friends."

"But you're family is right in front of you. Be grateful that some are here than none."

"I'll be grateful when I get justice." I slammed my hand on the table as I stood up.

"So what you think you can just kill people without being untouched?" Sydney scoffed

"Did 54 people why not do...."

"15." Orlando said with his mouth full."

"15 more," I smirked

Gina's mouth went wide as a smile appeared while she punched me in the arm.

"You little bitch your the Cold-Hearted Killer aren't you?"

I shrugged, "I mean since you finally connected the pieces."

"Baby, this is too dangerous. And you're allowing this?" Abuela said pointing to Orlando.

He smiled wiping his mouth with his napkin.

"Actually, I'm helping her."

All their mouths prided open as I bit my lip at him. He looked at me and winked.

"My father is Leon Gonzalo."

Ohhhh.... too soon.

"Wait, so you're telling me you're going to help her kill your father? Yeah. You can stick that lie right up your ass."

"Pause. And I've been helping her kill people left and right. Do you think I would do all this to waste time? For what reasoning."

Sydney stepped forward, "I don't know just so her body can end up in a barrel."

"I wouldn't let nothing happen to Savay. You don't even know the reasoning of me wanting him dead." His voice growled as his jaws clenched and veins popped out his forehead.

I kissed his cheek, "Relax."

His eyes met mines as they grew soft and gentle, he looked at my Abuela. "Ms.Suarez, I really enjoy your daughter's company. She keeps me going and I'm pretty sure I do the same for her. I will not let anything happen to her. And if something does, I'll punish myself for it. You have to believe me."

My Abuela sat down as she tapped his hand, "I believe you. I knew it was real when you both walk through that door. But all I ask is please... be careful. I'm still in the grief of losing my children, I can't lose my grandbaby." Her eyes filled with tears as she turned away getting up.

"You have my word." He mumbled

She nodded as her body slowly disappeared from the kitchen.

It was a moment of silence until Gina cleared her throat, "I want to help."

"Me too." Sydney got up

I scoffed, "Bitch you can't even fight, what makes you think you can pull a trigger. You have no idea how hard and nerve-wracking this shit can actually get."

"How I'm supposed to know if you don't let me try?"

"Sydney, I really... really really really don't like you. But, your family. I'm not about to let anything happen to any more of y'all. They already killed enough of us."

"And Gina, you genuinely seem helpful. But at the moment we're in... it's just too dangerous for you not to know anything about what's happening."

Orlando nodded profusely.

"Wait. Didn't you talk about how she's good with computers and hacking?"

I nodded. "But I don't see how that can help us, we killing... not trying to get a video or files of people apart of the government."

"No, but we do need someone to hack cameras of the building and tell us what's going on in different rooms ma." He chuckled

"Awe, that sounds good."

Gina smiled as Sydney stomped her foot and pouted.

"So when do I start?"

I and Orlando looked at each other waiting for an answer from one another.

"We actually leave back to Brooklyn tomorrow, you coming along?"

"Hell yeah." She stomped upstairs with a smile on her face.

Sydney sat down, "Come on Savvy, I want to help."

"Why?!" I rolled my eyes

"BECAUSE!, my brother was killed too. You think I don't want justice?"

I looked at her as pain filled her eyes. Tears started to form.

"I understand we don't get along, but we family and I need some sort of closure." She hiccuped

Orlando pinched my thigh painfully, "Let her come."

I pouted even though deep down inside I felt her pain. And one thing I'll never do no matter who it is, I'll never disown or be bitter to my family.

I got up pulling her into a hug, "Go get packed Syd."

We hugged tightly as she went upstairs.

Orlando wiped his mouth as he uses both his hands to motion me to come here.

I went to him as he sat me on his lap, "Good job, remember everything doesn't have to be negative or with an attitude."

"I feel like your changing me." I side-eyed him

"I am changing you."

"Ion like det."

He laughed, "But I love it." I grabbed his face pressing my lips against his.