22.

Chapter 22|

S A V A Y | S U A R E Z

I was on the phone with Orlando telling him that the same officers were following me.

"I'm on my way. Act normal."

"Not my first rodeo Pooda, I can handle myself until you show up."

"Alright, I love you. I'm two minutes away."

"I love you more baby."

I smiled happily as I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see them smiling at me.

"Seriously guys, I know I'm hard to stay away from but you might as well consider this harassment."

The older laughed, "Don't flatter yourself, Suarez. Your nowhere near my type or my partner's."

I squinted to see his name, "Officer... Clark. I see the way you both look at me. I'm not flattered, I'm conceited. & I'm pretty sure your wife wouldn't be so fond of that."

He glared at me as he opened his mouth but stopped when a presence came behind me with a smack to my butt. I smirked knowing who it was.

"Hello officers, I'm Orlando. & I see you have met my lovely fiancé. How can we help you?"

"We wanted to ask you both a couple of questions, mind coming to the station with us." Orlando grinned

"Of course, nothing to hide so it's no problem." He grabbed my hand as they put us in the back of their car.

"So how long you been working in the industry?" Orlando leaned forward

"I've been working for 30 years and my partner for 10. Let's just say we know when someone is lying." Officer Clark said turning around.

"Yeah, that's cute, how much do you all get paid?" I asked

"Enough for a nice condo, nice car and extra money for yourself."

"Can you by the nice condo and car twice with one paycheck?"

"No."

I laughed, "Then you can't afford."

"Can you?"

"This isn't about me."

"Actually... it is."

"No, you wanted to be. But my baby's a sweetheart, she wouldn't do no harm."

"Who said she would?" Clark said turning around.

"I don't know, I said she wouldn't," Orlando smirked as he put his tongue in my mouth.

I bit my lip turning around to Clark rolling his eyes. I slipped my hand through the small space of the window and tapped the other one.

"& What's your name cutie?"

"Ah, O-Officer Kimble."

"Kimble, do you have a girlfriend or special someone?"

Clark turned around to Orlando, "You just gone let her flirt and your sitting right there."

Pooda smiled, "She knows where home is."

"Yeah, if she didn't you'll kill whoever gets in the way?"

"Of course not, but I have my ways." We both laughed as they looked at each other in confusion

O R L A N D O | G O N Z A L O

"Come on bro, we've been here for 2 hours. I'm tired."

"Tell us what we want to know then we be happy for you to leave."

"What do you want to know?"

"Where were you're the day Conner died?"

"What day was that?" I knew the day, but I wouldn't let them know that... that's easily giving it away that I did it.

"Last Friday."

"Ah, that day I was with my cousin Tony. We both were picking out some things for Savay and his girl. Let's just say that night was pretty... wet." I scoffed

Clark slammed his hand on the desk. "THIS A JOKE TO YOU!" My jaws clenched as he yelled in my face. I balled my fist up.

"What you are gone do, kill me?"

"Man, you better get your ass out my face," I said standing up.

Kimble came in between us, "Clark come on man, relax. You sit down." I sat back down smirking as Clark's eyes turned into a dark glare.

"I couldn't have killed him." I put my hands up in defense

"Why?"

"I was killing someone else."

It was a long silence as they looked at each other. I burst into deep laughter holding my stomach. "Lighten up fellas, it was a joke."

"This isn't a joking matter Gonzalo, an innocent man was killed."

"You mean an innocent white man?"

"Oh, that has absolutely nothing to-

"You have any details on Eisha Rogers?"

They turned to each other. "Who?"

"You just proved my point. Eisha Rogers, a 21-year-old African American woman who was killed a week before Conner. So what's going on with that?"

It became silent as they looked down, "That's what the fuck I thought. I guarantee you don't even have a suspect."

"Tell us what happened between you and Conner? Was he fucking your girlfriend."

I got up about to punch him until the door busted open. There stood Savay smiling with a stressful looked detective.

"Is my baby being arrested?" She asked walking over to me straddling my lap

"No."

She turned around in shock, "Two hours of questioning and nothing. What does that mean? LEAVE US THE FUCK ALONE!" She stood up-sizing Clark.

The room began silent, the detective came in between them. Savay laughed, "You're pathetic. 30 years and this the best you can do!?. My boyfriend is nothing but a hard-working artist that gets more money than you get in a month in four hours. Y'all got my man fucked up. So next time we cross paths, redeem yourself."

"Let's go, baby, I had Tony and Gina dropped the car here." She grabbed my hand as she opened the door, "Dumbass."She mumbled the last part but loud enough for them to here.

We got outside as I pushed her against the roof of the car kissing her. "You're so damn sexy when you mad."

"Only for you baby."

I smacked her butt as we got in the car, "Some pasta would sound so good right now."

Her face lit up, "Yes. Let's go get some."