Cutting part 2

Part 2
Modern AU
———
It had been 4 months since Hiccup has told Astrid about his cutting and in that time she had become very protective and cautious of Him. In the begging it was okay but as the weeks went on Hiccup started to hate it.

Hefelt like he was being watched everywhere he went and every time he had a shower Astrid insisted on sitting outside on the floor and always talked to him for the whole time he was showering. Hiccup knew what Astrid was doing was only for the best and because she loved him. It was getting to his head and he felt like he needed a release.

Hiccup sat on the bed both hands over his ears with hot tears streaming down his face. He missed his dad a lot and today had been his birthday and Hiccup felt extra alone and confused. Astrid was at work which made today 10 times harder to deal with. Hiccup took the day off without anyone knowing, he just felt like it was needed and he wouldn't be able to concentrate sitting at a desk all day.

After a few more hours of crying Hiccup knew what he had to do. In his right hand was a blade and his left was wrapped around his knees trying to hold in the sobs. If his father could see him now he would be so disappointed and horrified at what his once confident happy son has turned into. Hiccup had promised Astrid if he ever felt the urge to hurt himself that he would give her a call. His left hand pulled over the phone as he typed in Astrid's number.

"Hey baby, what's up?" Hiccup could almost feel Astrid's smile through the phone and that made him even more disappointed in himself.

"Astrid, I feel like I'm going to hurt myself." His quiet whisper was carried through the phone as his shoulders slumped in embarrassment. He could here shuffling on the other side of the phone and one side of him believed that she was going to hang up on him and leave him to fight is demons himself but when he hears a quiet sniff on the other end of the phone Hiccups heart dropped.

"Baby please listen to me, I'm here for you I know I've been overprotective and very demanding that you don't hurt yourself. I'm sorry that is too much to ask of you and I know that, just remember Hiccup that your father is there with you now and he wants you to push through and remember the type of person you used to be. Hiccup your father never left, he is still here with you." Hiccup could hear Astrid's shaky voice on the other side of the phone.

"H-how did you know it was about my father?" Hiccup questioned as he let go of the razor and dropped it onto the bed next to him.

"Hiccup I know your fathers birthday and I know you took the day off work because it would be too hard to think today." Astrid's quiet voice sung through the phone. Hiccup felt his heart slowly beat faster knowing that maybe Astrid did care about him and wanted the best for him.

"Thank you Astrid, Ill let you go I don't want to be annoying you or interrupting you at work." Hiccup slightly smiled through the phone before hearing Astrid tell him she's here if he needs someone to talk to and that she will see him at home tonight. Hiccup quietly agreed before hanging up the phone.

After a few minutes of staring at the cream coloured ceiling about him. Hiccup got the courage to pick up the razor blade and chuck it into the bathroom as it let out loud clanks as it hit the white tiled floor. Hiccup quickly shut the door with a bang, so he wouldn't have the urge to cut and even if he did it would be too much effort to got looking around the bathroom floor for the blade.

Hiccup settled himself down onto the couch eating an apple as he decided to pass time until Astrid was home with watching spoungebob on the television. Within 2 hours Astrid was home and Hiccup and her were cuddled under the covers in their bed whispering sweet words to each other as Astrid boasted about how proud she was of Hiccup. While he just laid there with a big smile on his face.

He felt happy

———
So what do you guys want next??<3

Smut one shot? —> comment here

Sad one shot? —> comment here

Goofy/happy one shot —> comment here