Chapter 1

Life as a Bracca scraper had been simple. Well, somewhat simple. Sure, maybe the work was a bit hard, but I was good at it. But that had been only the simple part. Harbouring a secret that could've gotten me and others I cared about killed? Not so simple.

My name is Cal Kestis. Five years ago, the Jedi Order fell. The Clone troopers turned on the Jedi, wiping out almost all of them. Including my Master. Jaro Topal. I was his Padawan not too long ago. I survived Order 66. I ran. I made some friends on Bracca.

They were killed by the Second Sister of the Empire. She discovered who I truly am. In my escape, I met some new people. People who are willing to help me.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Cal, I would like you to meet someone," Cere told me.

I thought just she and Greez were the only ones on board. I had only been here for about an hour, learning of what Cere had planned- reviving the Jedi Order.

A girl walked out from a back room. She yawned, clearly tired. "Cere?" she called.

Cere nodded. "Cal, this is Kylin Gailes. Kylin, this is Cal Kestis."

Kylin looked up, her bright blue eyes wide. "Uh, h-hello," she said, not meeting me in the eyes.

Cere looked over. "Kylin, Cal is a Jedi. He's going to help us rebuild the Order."

Kylie's head shot up. "Really? You're an actual Jedi? How did you make it through the Purge? How did you get here? Were you a Padawan?"

She asked so many questions, it was hard not to let out a light laugh. "Yes, an escape pod, a train fight, and yes."

Cere laughed. "Why don't you two sit down, talk about it, while Greez and I figure out where to go." She walked off to the cockpit, leaving Kylin and I on the half circle couch.

Kylin tucked her dark hair behind her ear. "I've never met an actual Jedi before," she murmured, not meeting my eyes again.

I pulled out my lightsaber, igniting it.

She looked at it in pure awe, the blue light of my saber reflecting in her eyes.

I tried handing it to her, so she could investigate it further, but she shook her head. "No, I'd probably stab myself. I'm not good with short weapons. Or blasters."

"Oh," I said, "then what are you good with?"

She reached over the couch and grabbed out a long staff. "With this. My parents gave it to me when I was young."

I nodded. "My Master gave me my lightsaber. I lost mine during Order 66."

Kylin sighed. "These are dark times. The Empire is crawling across the galaxy, trying to spread their control."

"On Bracca, the Empire, they uh- they killed my friend. Trying to continue wiping the Order. I revealed myself, and now I'm on the run. They won't stop. Unless we stop them."

She nodded. "You're an interesting person, Cal Kestis. I truly believe you can help us in our mission to rebuild the Order." Kylin gave me a slight smile, before walking back to whatever room she came from.

There was something about her. Something that I could feel in the Force. It was almost like I could trust her, more than I could trust anyone else on board right now.

Kylin was an interesting person as well.

XXXXXXXXXXXX
Hey guys! I posted this chapter early because I just finished Fallen Order, and lemme tell ya that was cray-cray.

Anyway, just to note, I will not be showing ALL of Cal's adventures, such as the one on Bogano. I will figure that out as I continue to write.

Stay shining!
DonutMaster07