Chapter Four

The next morning, Annalise opened her eyes and looked around for Ella, but didn't see her in her bed. She sighed and got up and walked over to the window peering out.

"Good morning," a voice came from behind her, causing her to jump. She turned around and found Liam standing there.

"What are you doing? You can't just appear whenever you want," Annalise growled.

"Oh, come on. It's fun to scare you," Liam teased. Anna glared at him. "I must say, you look really cute in those kitten pajamas," Liam said as he looked them over.

"Oh my god! Can you stop?" Annalise asked angrily as she slapped his shoulder.

"Why should I?" Liam purred as he stepped closer to Anna. She stiffened as she backed against the window.

"B...because you're..." Annalise said, licking her lips trying to get the words out.

"I'm what? Making you uncomfortable?" he asked closing the gap between them. Liam's hand came beneath her chin and held it keeping her face up. Anna's heart was going on a marathon and her head felt fuzzy. All the other sounds in the room were on mute and all she could hear was her own heartbeat. Her eyes closed as she felt the soft touch of Liam's lips against her own. What she was feeling, was something she'd never felt before. It made her feel like she had wings and she could go and soar above the clouds.

Liam's hands snaked around her waist and pulled her against him as Anna's hands came up and around his neck. His kisses were strong and passionate and were making Anna feel weak. She couldn't do anything to stop, because she didn't want it to stop. She wanted to stay like this forever and experience this love again and again. Liam pulled away and she gazed up at him, slightly breathless. His hand stroked her cheek once before his hand fell to his side. He turned away almost ashamed.

"I shouldn't have done that," he said remorsefully.

"But you did it anyway. I liked it, Liam. I've never felt anything like what you just gave me," Annalise said as she took hold of his wrist and turned him back around. His icy blue eyes gazed back into her own and they seemed almost sad.

"This thing between us, shouldn't even be happening. I'm a fictional character, and you're....real," Liam said, his tone saddening.

"You're real to me Liam. You are. I brought you to life, to exist," Annalise said, with a small smile.

"But I'm not supposed to fall in love with you! Things like that never work out," he said, his face constricting in emotional pain.

"We can make it work," Annalise said, hopeful.

"What about Sirus? He's gonna find out about this sooner or later. And Ella? If she hears, the word is going to go straight to Sirus," Liam said.

"I won't tell them, I promise," Annalise said pulling Liam to her. He sighed. "Liam you don't have to worry. Nothing is going to happen. You won't lose me," she said. Liam didn't reply as he slowly faded away. Annalise stood staring at the spot where he'd been and hung her head in despair. Then she remembered something. She could write chapter fourth in her book. If Liam had done chapter three about the things that had happened yesterday, then she could write chapter four about the events that had just happened as well. So, with that, she sat down and began to type.

A few hours later, when Annalise had finished the fourth chapter, it was about mid-afternoon. She sighed and closed her laptop lid and stood. Outside, it seemed like it was another beautiful fall day, so she decided to go get some air. She grabbed her navy blue fall sweatshirt and headed outside. She went to the campus's walking path that they had and breathed in the cool crisp air. She'd always loved the smell of fall. It made her feel at peace. She walked down to the little pond the campus had and sat down on a bench nearby. Annalise stared at her reflection in the water when another person appeared next to her. It was Sirus.