Chapter Seventeen

Fists were flying and cries rang out in pain. Azurin managed to pull Liam away from Sirus and kept a firm hold on him. Sirus turned his head to Annalise.

"Now, to finally get rid of what you cared about most, so that I'll be the only thing you have left to hold on to," Sirus snarled. He brought his hand forward and grabbed Liam by his throat and began to strangle him.

"Sirus stop!" Annalise yelled and ran over to him, trying to pull Sirus away from Liam. Sirus let go of Liam's throat for a moment to hit Annalise across the face with the back of his hand. She collapsed to the floor, her hair falling in front of her face, concealing it.

"This ends now," Sirus said and grabbed Liam's throat again. Suddenly flames started to appear from thin air and wrapped themselves around Liam. His screams echoed through the hallway bouncing off the walls and pounding in Annalise's ears.

She covered her ears and tried to block out Liam's anguished cries until there was nothing left to hear.

"Stand up," Sirus's voice came from above her. Annalise did not stand, but stayed on the ground. "I said...STAND UP!" Sirus roared as he snatched her arm in his grasp and hauled Annalise to her feet.

"You monster! You're despicable Sirus! What I did to you is nothing compared to what you're doing to me. You're hurting me deeper than what I did. You aren't serving yourself justice, this is revenge!," Annalise cried, tears running down her face.

"Revenge, that word sounds so mean, so that's why I prefer to call it 'returning the favor'," he growled. Annalise looked at him through her teary eyes and sniffled.

"Now, I don't want to see tears from you. Your tears should delight me, but really they're hurting me," Sirus pouted slightly.

"At least tears are a way I can show that I still have a heart, unlike you!" Annalise snapped.

"Oh my god, here we go again with all the heartless crap again. You know all of this talk is really boring me, so we need to find something else to do," Sirus said as he lead her off to his study with Azurin following behind. They all got back to the study saying nothing. Annalise was pulled over to Sirus's desk chair and pushed into it.

"I thought these powers would come in handy, but it turns out you were right. I've realized that your powers aren't going me any good to change things in my life, so that's why I'm going to give you back your powers, but once you have them back I don't want any funny business with them, got it?" Sirus asked.

"Yes," Annalise answered. Sirus closed his eyes and started to say.

"I rid myself of these powers and return them to the rightful owner". There was a pause before Annalise felt this tingling sensation ripple through her body, and it felt like her own soul was returning to her. She closed her eyes and gave into the feeling as her powers became one with her again.

Annalise opened her eyes and finally felt whole again.

"Thank you," she said bringing her eyes to Sirus.

"You don't need to thank me. I'm heartless and I'm not supposed to give a damn about any of this," he said, turning away.

"I know you do Sirus. Deep down is the real you, the one that cares," Annalise said standing up.

"Anna leave Sirus alone," Azurin snapped. Annalise shot a look to him and huffed.

"Alright, you gave me my powers back, now what?" Annalise said, bringing her arms out to her sides and dropping them.

"You're going to use the however I tell you to use them. So, if I want money, you will write up something that will give me money, if I want to go soewehre for vacation or something, you will write me up a place of escape, and if I want love...," he paused and grabbed a strand of Annalise's hair between his fingers, exaiming it. "Then it is your own love that you will give," he finished softly.