Chapter Sixteen

Liam could sense that something wasn't right. He still sat in the lobby of the hospital rethinking his conversation with Annalise. He grumbled and rubbed his hands over his eyes trying to stay awake.

"I should probably go check on her," he said to himself. He stood up and walked over to Annalise's hospital room and opened the door. As soon as he stepped inside, immediate confusion and anger took over. Annalise wasn't in the hospital bed. All of the wires and plug-ins had been detached from there places. He swore and stood a moment trying to figure out what to do.

He looked to the window realizing the answer. Sirus. He quickly left the hospital and took straight for the street. He needed a car and a fast one. His eyes scanned the parking lot in search of a car. Finally his eyes landed on a black dodge challenger.

He hurried over to it and peeked inside the window.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?" someone asked. Liam stood up and turned around to find the owner of the car stomping toward him. "That's my car you know," the man hissed. He had sandy blonde shaggy hair and hazel brown eyes. He wore a black sweatshirt and couldn't be more that 20 years old.

"It's a nice car. I wish I had one," Liam said cooley.

"Well, go find your own then," the man said.

"Alright, I will," Liam answered back and then slung a punch at the man's face. He went down and hit his head on the ground from impact. Liam got down and searched for his keys, finding them in his right pant pocket. He retrieved them quickly stood up and unlocked the car. He got inside and started it up before speeding out of the street to go find Anna. It was hard to remember the exact place where Sirus had Anna, so he had to backtrack. Liam shut his eyes and tried to envision what the building looked like.

Then the picture formed in his head. "Gotcha!" he cried and continued on his quest. He arrived at the location ten minutes later and parked the car by an alleyway, so it wouldn't be seen. He got out of the car, shut the door and locked it. Liam hoped that Annalise was ok, but couldn't promise himself that she was since it was Sirus who had her.

He went inside the building and ran up the stairs knowing she would most likely be upstairs. He hurried to Sirus's room and shoved the door open to find the room empty.

"Anna? Are you in here?" Liam called out. No answer. He had a feeling that she had to be close by, so he went further into the room. "Anna? Please where are you?" he said, beginning to worry.

He traveled back to where the secret room was and grasped the door handle. Slowly he opened the door and found it was dark. He switched the light on to reveal Annalise shackled.

"Oh my god!" Liam cried as he ran over to her and cupped her face in his hands. Annalise's eyes were closed and her face was cold. He unshackled her, allowing her lifeless body to fall into his arms. He laid her on the ground in his lap, cradling her. "No, you can't be dead, you can't be," he said brushing the hair from her face. Her expression looked at peace, but lifeless.

Liam didn't know if he could bring her back, but he loved her too much to let her go. He thought true loves kiss might work, but that only worked when the person was asleep, and Anna was not asleep, she was dead. Tears pricked his eyes, but he blinked them away.

"Come back to me Anna, please. I can't let what's between us be severed. I'm already hurting and I can't let this hurt me anymore," Liam said softly. Annalise did not wake. "I...I rememeber the first time I saw you. It was something I never expected to happen, for us to be together, and to have that connection that we share," he said. He put his head down against Anna's as tears leaked from his eyes.