Capricorn - The Solstice Song

Saturn is the ruler of Capricorn, and The Saturnalia Festival was held at this time of year. The ceremony was to honour of the death of a Sun and rebirth of an ‘Unconquerable Sun’ as the sun returns from the paralysis that is seen in the winter solstice sky to radiate once more. The ancients celebrated the tremendous regeneration and restoration of energy that the warmth of sunlight provided. Darkness reconciles with light as the day. The goodness is taken with the bad. Life meets death, and the wisdom of the darkness is harvested and respected by the light. The Tibetan mantra for Capricorn is “Lost am I in Light Supernal, yet on that Light, I turn my back.” The elder finds the child. The young are given gifts from the old, the gift is the ultimate gift of life, the sun. Masters (Capricorn/Saturn) served and made abundant offerings to children, the poor, and oppressed (Cancer/Moon) equal in the balance of light and dark. This is why the sun is the centre of your horoscope, you are the newborn Sun/Son. Capricorn undertakes this internal realignment of light and dark on a consistent basis. The perceived lack of external safety, recognition, and support internalises Capricorn and directs focus into developing the inner light, returning the light inside of themselves.

Capricorn is the astrological sea goat. The goat climbs up the mountain to symbolise the rise of the sun. The mermaid tail is residual of the water that fell as rain in dark winter. The day is now longer to accomplish the task. But the memories and reminders of the darkness are never forgotten. The birthday of Jesus was thus associated with the birth of Capricorn and the birth of our highest selves. The myth of Pan describes a dual deity of spiritual light and spiritual darkness who transitioned from human form into a fish tail as he entered the ocean. His birth was said to be a heralded event that delighted the immortals.   IXИYУ is the Greek word for fish and acronym of “Jesus Christ’s Son is Saviour”.The Christian faith denoted the fish as its occult symbol. The stories of Jesus are inherent to this symbol as it is said that his disciples were fisherman, he vowed to make ‘fishers of men’, the miracle of feeding five thousand listeners when he multiplied a child’s “five small loaves and two fishes.” The fish is the symbol that conveys ‘all things are possible with Jesus Christ, and the Capricorn sign has been antiquely ascribed as the archetype of the mythical incarnate and master potential with its midheaven reflecting our ultimate possibility. Pan was also denoted as the God of Shepards and Flocks and fertility. 

The sweet pan flute the is played by Capricorn. She channels her sacred god pan for the secrets of the universe and the music of the spheres. She plays the tune that aligns with the cosmic sound of planetary orbit that has long been revered by indigenous cultures. She inhales the breath of god through the flute, and this was a great source of amusement for pan. Before the Catholics prayed with ‘our father’, the ancients chanted ‘oh breath’ for they knew that God’s love was accessible through our immediate conception. Pan preferred the fresh mountain air to the static of civilisation, and at their core the Capricorn longs to return to nature, find a tree of wisdom, to conquer that mountain, and just breathe. It’s easy for her to feel suffocated. Through pan’s flute she exchanges the flow of god into sounds of space. Pan was abandoned by his mother, and it relates to the theme of parents in the Capricorns life where in some form abandonment occurs, largely with the father. Doesn’t this sound familiar to Peter Pan? Who also played a pan flute, was orphaned, and resisted the mortality of Saturn and the everlasting return of light of life. She frees Pan’s musical talents through the flute she plays, as she tunes a song heard only by the cosmos. This is why they hold her in such high and prestigious regard, Capricorn is adored by heaven because all symbolic forces united in loving vibration and preparation for her winter solstice birth.