Mercury in Taurus - Cotton Candy Head

(When your Mercury is in the sign of Taurus)

Thinking is a sensual experience for Mercury in Taurus people. Thickshake thoughts pour through the mind and they can just about taste words as they roll off the tongue. The individual gathers information with discrimination and mindfulness, planting ideas in a mental garden and patiently letting them root, shoot, and blossom. She can bloom a bouquet with her thoughts and ideas, artistically dipping the mind in paint and creating lyric, poetry, and screenplays. Imagination exhaled from petals and dewdrops, the slow and steady breathe of nature blows through her mind. Although slow self starting, the individual’s focus and creativity give her words and writing a certain delicacy, an appreciation for the art of language, and the way she can seduce with sentences. Everything that is generated through the mind sinks into the heart so she can bake her words so they are warm and express great pleasure in heart to heart conversation.

Mercury in Taurus people are contemplative, word cautious, and meditative. There is a colourful and creative muse that visits Mercury in Taurus so she could be a tremendous poet, songwriter, or novelist. Her mind functions at optimum capacity when she can breathe fresh country or ocean air, when she is amongst the birds and the trees, when she is silent and the world is conducting an orchestra just for her. Because Mercury in Taurus people have a sensory experience of words, it’s common for the individual to respond slowly to questions and new information. Her delivery of words is typically deliberate and descriptive. It’s common for Mercury in Taurus people to be good visual sketchers and visual learners by nature. There is a high responsiveness to music and sound, the individual can learn especially easy by song or studying with background music. She can really get into the rhythm of words and learning, but she can be overwhelmed in classroom settings considering her sensitivity to loud noises and many sounds. It’s common for these people to have a good sense of order and ability for pre-planning.

There is a fine sense of judgement and rationality in Mercury in Taurus. The individual is an engaged listener who offers sound and practical advice. She has a way of maintaining calmness and composure when chaos ensures, often using her grounded common sense to mediate and settle the situation. Beliefs and opinions are entrenched with Mercury in Taurus, and it takes the person a long time to adopt new concepts. There can be a certain trepidation associated with the threat of change, the mind is a creature of comfort, and it is soothed by continuity and preservation. It can be difficult to get into the Mercury in Taurus mind and convert anything once the mental heels have been dug in. Like a bull ready for battle, she will begin to retaliate if she begins to feel her perspective being slandered, threatened or unfairly questioned. Mercury is the planet that moves most quickly. But the steady and earthy nature of Taurus brings these wings to a halt for a moment, allowing the mind to soak into sensual thought woodlands with bluebirds singing songs that only she can hear. Quiet and articulate captivation, the fresh breath of nature drifting through her mind, the ability to write words whispered from the earth.