Aries - Perishing Defenses

Aries are born with defenses high and hostile. Life does not begin comfortably for Aries, and the people that characterise her early life can remind her of how small she really is. Survival is always the first reflex for Aries, and the actions that follow are typically more pure and innocent. She is fighting for a cause, and the most important cause is herself, because she doesn’t know any different than to stand her ground, raise her daggers in preparation, and refuse to stand down to threat or intimidation. To be challenged or threatened by other people can be a slaughter to her essence and signify a real assault, it threatens her identity, her mechanisms, the feeling of safety she has in the world, she can respond aggressively to situations because she knows that nobody else has ever been there to save her. Her defenses can be her real daggers, and they are powerfully triggered when she feels most vulnerable. But she can shoot these daggers inward when these defenses become destructive, like when she loses a close friend just to win, or when she rejects softness because she feels undeserving.
Some of the Aries natural defenses can express themselves through regression, where she activates her childhood protective mechanisms and acts out a violatile temper without any regard of consequence. These natural responses, the reactions of other people, and the resulting consequences become personal therapy sessions of Aries, helping her to understand her own nature and developing new ways of coping when everything becomes overwhelming. It’s really like she can hit a wall, there is a threshold of coolness before it hits a certain temperature and she explodes into an active volcano. Through self reflection and self direction, she can continue to raise the limit of the temperature before she boils over completely. She is constantly developing coping mechanisms for her own ease and survival, and it’s quite a testament to the secret agony and work of Aries.