Libra - Secret Lives and Secret Minds

The Libra can always feel a strange weight tipping side to side on top of her head. She is balancing something invisible but substantial, she can recognise an inexplicable energy that she has responsibility for. The summer heat and winter chill meet inside her. She is the seamless line in the sky that greets sound and silence, light and darkness, good and evil, day and night. The universe uses her physical body as a mirror, reflecting shades and hues off her auric field like a cosmic looking glass. A part of Libra is always dreaming, wandering through one of her story books or conducting her imagination like an orchestra. Her dreaming is as much real as her waking life.  All Libras have been accused of ‘living in their own world’, ‘not coming to terms with reality’, or deceiving themselves with imagined endings. Libra brings reverie and reality together in the same way she unifies everything. She visualises beauty and peace and justice, and that doesn’t mean soft beauty and harmonic justice. Libra is a masculine sign by class of air, who is ruled by the quintessential feminine archetype in Venus and exalts in the androgynous Saturn. It means powerful beauty, winning with dignity, the command of matriarchal consciousness in the spiritual court of law, absolute and unconditional equality,  and justice served fairly.

Libra can see the good in everybody - because she can also see the bad. She will give people second chances in the hope their bad does not outweigh their good again, and she can be critically wounded by her own trust and faith. Libra is also battling with this internal good and bad side, and the pursuit of idealism can be so relentless that she exiles, represses, and emancipates her shadow side and denies her carnal and egoist desires. She contours herself to assume the mode of virtue and righteousness, but this can also be the trap. She can spend so much time lost in the whim of other people’s ego desires, her anxieties about saying or doing the wrong thing, and her own desperation to be perfect and liked that this repressed shadow side has strangled her light. Suffocating her self-love and appreciation, darkness becomes her and fools everyone, including herself. This is where Libra is at risk of losing her natural beauty, her spontaneity, her voice, her desire to sing and dance, and authentic essence. Just as Libra is practiced at balancing karmic law, re-equalising her social experiences, and maintaining the cosmic equilibrium, she must undergo the same process inside and accept all of who she is. And there are many talented virtuosos inside Libra. There is a romantic artist, an observant psychologist, a charming manipulator, a tempting touch, an intellect that can fight with verbal blades, a loyal friend and a dream lover. Just as she accepts the night and day in other people, she must do the same for herself. It’s important that she re-grounds herself as human and with faults rather than identifying with an abstract concept or exemplarily image. When she is integrated and welcoming the dual parts of herself she is full. She fills like the autumn equinox containing every season, stream of light, a pause in time, sunset and sunrise. Libra is nocturnal and diurnal, sun and moon. She is a night and day personality, and she brings this together in her cosmic chorus, blending and spilling the colours into twilight.