394. Part XX: Idyllic world of the nymphes

And, when the High General of the Forest clan was about to lose his consciousness, he thought he was hallucinating when he saw a tiny light for a split second.

"I must be going crazy." He said weakly as he coughed blood.

However, he was not imagining what he saw. Again, he saw a tiny light blink. He held his breath and observed. Then, after a few seconds, he saw the tiny light again. This time the source of the light remained lit. It was moving around above his face. Then, he saw more tiny lights flying around. Until the darkness faded as hundreds of fireflies lit the place to where he was.

The High General of the Forest clan took advantage of the opportunity and let his eyes wandered around to check his situation. He painfully lifted his head off the ground a bit. He then saw that his arms were impaled on some giant thorns. He looked at his legs and they were pierced by giants thorns as well.

"Great," The High General of the Forest clan began to say. "Just great!" He half-heartedly laughed as he coughed more blood.

"I see that you still have your sense of humor," A woman voice began to say. "Considering your situation."

"Well, what else can I do?" The High General of the Forest clan asked. "Cry in despair?"

"That would be the natural reaction." The woman's voice replied.

"Well, I hate to disappoint," He answered in a calm voice. "I don't despair. It doesn't suit me."

"You are still that proud despite your situation."

"Why shouldn't I?" The High General of the Forest clan reasoned. "I was raised to be a warrior."

"So, you do not mind dying here then?" The woman's voice asked.

"No." The High General of the Forest clan answered honestly.

--- end of chapter ---