402. Part XXVIII: idyllic world of the nymphes

The tall and thick trees that was encircling the heart of the forest, it made the surroundings a bit dimmer. The prince of the Vatr clan thought that he had lost sight of the blue thread that he was following. He then frantically looked around for it, and luckily, though, the sky was obscured by the dense tree leaves, streak of light was able to pass through.

Though, little as it may seem, the sunlight touched the blue thread and it shone, and the prince of the Vatr clan saw that it was leading him deeper in the heart of the forest. He trekked on where it wanted him to go. He walked on for a couple of minutes until he reached the two tallest trees in the lot standing proudly side by side. In between those trees, the blue thread passed through, however, from where he stood, there was nothing but darkness beyond the two trees.

Cautiously, he walked through between the tall trees and once he did, he found himself on the bank of a lake. The lake was pristine and still, however, as he observed his surroundings, he realized that though it was day, there was no sun. There were clouds in the sky, however, the sun was nowhere to be found. He listened carefully and there was no wind, no sound from any creatures belonging to the sky or the land—nothing. It seemed that the picturesque surrounding he had stepped into was like some painting hanging in a museum somewhere.

"Hello." The prince of the Vatr clan yelled. However, he did not hear his voice resonated. No echoing sound of his voice.

"Anyone?" He yelled again still nothing.

The prince of the Vatr clan walked on the bank of the lake being vigilant of his every move. He walked near the water and he was stunned as he looked at it, his reflection was not casted on the water.

--- end of chapter ---