403. Part XXIX: Idyllic world of the nymphes

The prince of the Vatr became curious and thus, he knelt on the shore and moved his face closer to the water.

"What is wrong with this lake?"

He said as touched the water. There was nothing unusual about it. It was just fresh water. It wetted his right hand. It was cool to the touch. However, as he stood erect, the water on that lake seemed to be stuck on his right hand like some transparent gelatin.

"WHAT THE...!"

The prince of the Vatr clan exclaimed as the water-like gelatin began to envelop his right hand. The water from the lake rushed to the prince of the Vatr clan wetting his feet and crawling up to his legs, thighs, waist, upper torso until the water was up to his neck.

The prince of the Vatr clan was helpless as he tried to struggle free from the water-like gelatin that had captured him.

"Ura agintzen dut..."

(I command the water...)

However, his words were interrupted when he heard a woman's voice.

"The water here isn't yours to command."

"WHO'S THERE?!"

The prince of the Vatr clan yelled. But there was no respond. Suddenly, he saw the water began to ripple on the surface of the lake. He then saw at the water at the center of the lake began to rise, and it began to form a figure of a woman.

She had hair as pure as the water and her clothes were in the shades of blue.

"WHO ARE YOU?!" The prince of the Vatr clan demanded.

"Such arrogance." She said as the lake began to form a wave carrying the woman towards the shore. "You have no right to make such demands in my realm."

"Your realm, huh?" The prince asked mockingly.

"Be careful, stranger." The woman replied. "I do not tolerant impudence." She said.

--- end of chapter ---