395. Part XXI: Idyllic world of the nymphes

"You speak the truth the stranger." The woman's voice said rather surprised.

"Since I entered this tunnel, I only spoken the truth." The High General of the Forest said.

"But men lie." The woman rebutted. "They all lie."

"And, why would I lie to you?"

"Because you need something from us."

"It is true that came here seeking your help." The High General of the Forest clan began to say. "It true as well that I mean you no harm."

"But you are here demanding for blood, didn't you?" The woman replied.

"Not demanding," The High General of the Forest clan answered. "But pleading."

He took a deep breath and his body hurt. His eyes swelled and tears began to fall.

"I am Oisin, High General of the Forest clan." He said. "I know I have no right to ask but for the sake of my world and this world, I have to ask the nymphes of the plant to sacrifice one of their own to stop the Darkness."

Silence befell in the tunnel.

It was a deafening silence.

Suddenly, the fireflies light became brighter—bright as the mid-noon sun.

Momentarily, the High General of the Forest clan closed his eyes for the light was too blinding. He began to feel the heat generated by the light as it warmed his body, he suddenly felt relieved.

The thorns that impaled him on the ground began to retract. However, as the thorns returned to the ground and released his flesh, he felt no pain. His body that might be broken in many places began to heal. And, his strength was starting to come back.

Slowly, he opened his eyes and saw the fireflies gathered together in a shape of a woman.

"High General of the Forest clan," The woman began to say. "Rise."

The High General of the Forest clan opened his eyes and he began to move.

--- end of chapter ---