397. Part XXIII: Idyllic world of the nymphes

The plant nymphe, Ismene stared into the High General of the Forest clan eyes. Oisin held her gaze for a second or two before he bowed down.

"I must go my way."

Ismene chuckled.

The High General of the Forest clan lifted his head and looked at the plant nymphe dumb folded. When he was fully upright, he turned around and head towards the stairs.

"So, do you admit defeat."

Ismene spoke as the High General of the Forest clan placed his right foot on the first step of the stair. He stopped on his track and spoke without turning around to face the nymphe.

"On the contrary, I am more determine to find a plant nymphe who is willing to help me."

"And, who said that I won't help you?" Ismene said.

The High General of the Forest clan remained silent. Ismene walked towards Oisin and once she was behind him, she placed her right hand on the High General of the Forest clan's left shoulder. When Oisin turned around to face the nymphe, he was no longer inside the tunnel. In fact, he was back in the spot where he left his companions.

"Ismene?" The High General of the Forest clan said. However, Ismene was nowhere in sight. He looked around calling the nymphe's name.

The wind gently blew. He continued to look around and the plant nymphe was still not responding to his call.

He sighed.

"What the..." The High General of the Forest clan exclaimed as he saw another thread. It was dark brown in hue.

"Oh right," He remembered that he had to pursue another nymphe—the earth nymphe.

Though, he was reluctant to leave where he was, he still hoping that Ismene would show herself to him.

"Dammit!"

The High General of theForest clan exclaimed as he began to run where the thread who lead him.

--- end of chapter ---