Chapter 21

Harry’s POV:

I know I am a very quick moving guy. I know that I could be doing this all to fast, but I loved her. I have dated so many women and yet, she is so different. When she touched me she made my heart race. I think it was the fact that she wasn’t famous and that she was so laid back, was what turned me on. Right now I have so many things going on in my head. What if her parents say no, what if she says no, what if this is the biggest mistake of my life, what if I’m moving things all to quickly? But, honestly, I don’t care, I need her, I love her, this is what I want and for a change, she has given me all of that in return.

I quickly got changed, I put a white t-shirt on and my black skinny jeans did my hair quickly and then rushed back into our room where Sarah was, deciding her outfit. “Hey love, I just need to pop out, I’m going to get some food to take to Mum’s. Do you think we need anything in particular?” I asked. She replied with “What a lovely idea. I don’t think we need anything, just make sure you get some nice cakes” she winked at me and I left down the hallway. As I got to the door I shouted “Bye” she then shouted back “Bye Babe.” I smiled and gave her one more shout “I love you” she replied with “love you more!” I felt my heart race faster.

I jogged out to the car, started it and started driving to her parents place. Usually couples wait years to get married, but I guess since we have been friends for years, that counts as well. I was very nervous. I knew her parents ever since grade 9. We used to have sleepovers at her place; her parents were cool with it, as they knew we were young. I think they liked me. I hope they like me! I got to their place within 15 minutes and got out of the car, locked it and dinged the doorbell.

Sarah’s Mum came to it and was happy to see me. “HARRY! God I haven’t seen you in years” she said, hugging me tightly. “I know, it has certainly felt like that. Things have changed so much lately. I have a singing career and I’m with your daughter,” I said pulling away. Her mum smiled. “As soon as she rang me and told me that she was with you, she seemed different, she seemed happier. I’m glad she is with such a great lad like you!” she explained. I smirked and she welcomed me in.

I got into the lounge room and saw her Dad sitting on the couch watching Manchester United and Chelsea play. “How are they going Tim?” I asked him tapping his back and sitting next to him. “Oh Harry, what a delight to see you. They are winning 1-0 but I have to say there have been many close calls” he said, laughing slightly.

Kelly, Sarah’s mum then walked out and said “Oh Tim, get off that television, we have a guest.” “Oh all right, I will check the scores every now and then” he sighed turning the T.V. off. Kelly then came and sat on the couch directly in front of me. “So Harry, what brings you the pleasure to come and visit us?” she asked. My heart started to race and a squeezed my hands together. “Well. I have a favor to ask of you.” I said, my eyes sliding from Kelly’s to Tim’s. “Sure son, ask away, we are here to help” Tim said, patting me on my back.“Kelly. Tim. I… I was wondering, if you would let me. Take your daughters hand, in marriage” I stumbled, looking at the floor and rubbing my hands together.

There was a short silence until Tim spoke up. “Harry. I. I would be honored to have you as my son-in-law.” He said smiling as I looked up at him. Kelly then spoke up “I'm sure you will make her life as happy as you have already made her.” I smiled at her. “Wow. I'm so grateful to have your permission, thank you” I told them, hugging Tim. “You have been a true gentleman Harry, coming here and asking us.” He replied hugging me back. I pulled away and then walked over to Kelly and hugged her too. She hugged me back and then I pulled away.

Looking at them both I said “You have just made me the happiest man alive, I promise I will treat her well! I’m going to propose on the Eiffel Tower in around a week and a half. We will be leaving to Paris tomorrow at 5. Thank you both again.” I smiled at them “Wow, what a proposal! I’m sure she will say yes love. Tell us how it goes when you come home or even give us a ring” Kelly told me. I smiled at her. Said goodbye and then ran out to the car. I got in, waved to the both and then sped to the closest bakery; I got 10 mini cupcakes and a jam and cream sponge cake. I then sped home. Opened the door, carrying the cakes inside and shouted out “Sorry I took so long babe! I ran into my old friend, George”