new years - joshua bassett

genre: fluff
warnings: slight mentions of alcohol
plot: you meet joshua at a party and have lots in common, this may even be the start of something new
allison- girl who threw the party
y/s/n- your sister's name(if you don't have a sister, i apologize || please make up a name)

✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼

Y/n POV:

it was new year's eve and my older sister told me i had to come along with her to this stupid party. im not the kind of person you would usually see in a party scene; as i'm the girl who would really only hang out with her friends and the people she knows.
i would much rather be at home in my hoodie and sweats, watching the times square countdown, eating ice cream and drinking apple cider like i always do. but noooooo getting out will be good for me- which is what my parents say at least.

finally i decide to get up and get ready. i take a shower and get dressed. i put on my mascara and some lip gloss since i don't wear any makeup other than that. i slip on my white converse and put on my jewelry. i let my hair fall down and pinned a bit of hair back on each side.

 i let my hair fall down and pinned a bit of hair back on each side

your dress^^
(sorry if it's a bit short and summer-y)

i grabbed some necessities like my phone some cash, the usual. when i got downstairs y/s/n was waiting for me. "ready to go?", she asked "yeah", i responded. i skipped out the door locking it behind me. we got in the car and drove off.

8:34 :
it was already 8:34 pm and you had just arrived. once you got there you greeted your sisters friends, some of the people you knew from school, and allison. i was just chilling around on my phone and bored out of my mind. there were couples doing mushy things, and girls at gossip, boys doing stupid challenges, and loners like me in the corners. allison approached me and asked me, "hey! how are you"
"okay", i responded "party's aren't really your thing huh?" "yeah not typically" i said once more "there's a music room upstairs, i've heard that you enjoy singing and playing a few instruments. you can go ahead. it's down the upstairs hall last door to the right!" , she instructed
"thank you!" i practicality yelled over the blaring music

music room:

i found myself grabbing a ukulele and singing a song. i sat on the piano bench and started to strum a tune singing the lyrics to my favorite song, my back facing the door and the party. i was so lost in the music that it felt like i was singing forever.

joshuas POV:

this party is so freaking boring. every one of my friends are drinking and i'm just here with punch. allison , one of my best friends(the one hosting the party), forced me to come. instead i just walked up the stairs and made my way to my favorite room in the house. the music room.

i opened the door only to see a girl, back facing me, playing a ukulele and singing. i don't want her to notice me so i quickly but quietly closed the door. she had a beautiful voice. it was like no other. she finished playing and turned around instantly noticing me. "h-hi" , she said embarrassed and shy. i was at a loss for words. "not to be rude but uhm h-how long have you been standing there?"
"long enough to know that you have a great voice" i replied, i haven't looked at her face since she turned around.

Y/n POV:

THIS RANDOM GUY JUST HEARD ME SING MY HEART OUT , OH MY GOD.
"sorry i didn't mean to intrude" he stated politely.
i haven't looked at his face yet. his head was down when i first saw him. his voice was soothing, calming, i felt safe when i heard it.
"joshua" he says extending his hand
i look up finally getting a glance at his face.
and someone please tell my why this boy was so attractive.

Joshuas POV:

"y/n" she said shaking my hand and finally looking up.  god she was stunning.
my eyes ran over her face as i let go of her hand that was shaking mine.
"soo, what brought you to this music room?" she asked.   "i know allison really well and i've been here a few times. this room just feels right. i- i know i-it's weird-", i ramble.  "no, no i- i completely get it"
    we start to talk about everything and we actually have a lot in common. i sang a few songs for her, she sang a few songs for me. i really liked her.
"i know we just met and this is really really soon but it feels right and i just wanted to let you know that i really really like you. like a lot"

Y/n POV:

WHAT?! uhm i- what?!
i can't believe him. i mean yeah i like him too but is it too early? will this ruin our hour or two long friendship?
"i- uhm" is all i manage to get out
"no no it's fine i get it. it's way too early"
"NO! i like you too!" i said interrupting his rambling.
he pauses a big goofy smile creeps on his face. his smile is lighting up my world right now.

allison walks in the room " hey guys, a minute til countdown hurry up!"

he grabs my hand and we speed downstairs to watch the ball drop.
"hey," he says facing me, "can i kiss you?"
i just stared at him. i felt a smile pull at the corners of my lips, it was as if we were playing tug of war. i tried so hard not to let it win. i did not want him to see me smiling like a complete idiot.

         5, 4, 3,2,1   HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

i left joshua's question open, but i certainly gave him an answer.

Joshuas POV:

i was a little embarrassed by the fact that i had asked her if i could kiss her, especially since she hasn't given me an answer yet.
everyone's yelling happy new year, and she raises up on her tippy toes
she connects our lips and i immediately kiss back, smiling through it.  she pulls away and i feel my cheeks burning up.
"y/n we have to go!" i hear someone call out "okay meet you outside" she hollers back
i pull my phone out without saying anything and open my contacts. i press "+" and hand her the phone. she adds her number, kisses my cheek, and walks away before i can say anything.
it surely has been, one happy new year.

🥳the end 🥳

A/N: hii i hope you enjoyed this imagine! requests are open! please feel free to leave feedback! thank you so much