nini - ricky bowen

request for Cat_violin_

genre: friendship
warnings: cursing, mentions of abuse
plot: your best friend ricky had been so caught up in nini that he hadn't talked about anything else. he made no time for you or big red. :(

*both songs inspired by olivia rodrigo originals

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

i sat in my room crying as my mom yelled at me.

"YOU DON'T DO ANYTHING BUT SIT AROUND ALL F*CKING DAY! WHY AM I STUCK WITH A SELFISH AND LAZY DAUGHTER LIKE YOU?! YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING I ASK AND YOU'RE THE REASON YOUR FATHER EVEN LEFT IN THE FIRST PLACE"

my mother used to be caring and gentle. she was a beautiful woman. but one day, when i was 12, dad left us and no one knew why. i'm 17 now, and ever since he left, my mom's been abusive. luckily she kept composure and sanity when we were out of the house. she managed to keep her well-paying job and we've been getting along fine.

no one knew of my family struggles. i've only said that my parents were divorced, and that's what most people knew. i try to hide the red slap marks my mom leaves on my cheeks when she hits me, or the tiredness and fatigue i experience from doing house chores and barely getting sleep.

my mom was home on weekends and since there wasn't any stress from work, she was barely lenient and allowed me to spend time with my friends.

we lived in a normal house, on a normal street in utah. i went to east high school, which was a 5 minute walk from my place.

" (Y/N) GO TO BED! YOU HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW! YOU BETTER MAKE YOUR OWN BREAKFAST AND LUNCH! AND MAKE SURE THIS HOUSE IS CLEAN! GOD YOU'RE SUCH A PAIN IN THE A$$"

i waited until she walked up the stairs to her room down the hall, furthest away from mine.
i got up and tiptoed down to her room. i could hear her soft snores when i sat outside her door. i gently leaned my head against it letting a few tears slip out. i thought about the times when she would hold me, and play with me, and care for me, and love me like any mother would love her daughter. i told myself i hated her, but deep down i knew that wasn't true.i knew that the mother i used to know was still in her.

i sighed and quietly walked back to my room. i closed the door and opened the window, letting the night's breeze flow through my hair and the room.

i sat at my piano and started playing a few chords, followed by some lyrics that flowed right out of me.

you left us here alone
without any love in this big empty home
and the woman that you once loved is hurting and
missing all the good memories and moments
i hope you're happy
but not like how you were with me
i'm selfish i know
i cant let you go
so find a family great
but please don't find one better
we hope you're happy but don't be happier.