enough - ricky bowen

genre: fluff!!
warnings: kissing
plot: (y/n) feels as though she isn't enough for her boyfriend ricky. that he's way out of her league. he decides to help her see what she really means to him
requested by foreverxstories 🤍

♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥ ♥*♡∞:。.。  。.。:∞♡*♥

(y/n) and her boyfriend, ricky, have been dating for a few months now, and they were sitting together watching a movie in (y/n's) room. they were singing. along to the song playing in the movie and ricky's voice sounded like that of an angel. (y/n) was amazed at how perfect her boyfriend was. recently, she had been feeling as though she wasn't good enough for ricky. that he was way out of her league.
-
(y/n) thought about this for the rest of the movie, and when it was finished, ricky noticed the sad look on his girlfriend's face. "what's wrong (y/n)?" he asked worriedly. she got up from ricky's warm and loving embrace and said, "ricky, for the past couple of weeks-" she started out,  " i've been feeling that i'm not good enough for you. there are so many beautiful girls at our school and around here. you're way out of my league and i don't know why you starting dating me in the first place."
ricky was heartbroken by these words. how could she not see how special she was? he took in what she had said and told her, "(y/n), even if i had a choice between becoming a millionaire with a model as my girlfriend, or you, i would choose you. okay?"
(y/n) nodded in response "thanks ricky. uhm it's getting late, you should head home" she told him. he planted a kiss on her forehead and gave her a hug goodbye.

he knew he had to do something to make sure his girlfriend felt special and loved. he needed to show her that she wasn't just enough for him, but more than enough. he decided to call ashlyn and big red and ask for their help.
-
it was friday and (y/n) was at school, without her boyfriend. ricky told her that he would be absent today. she was sad and missed him greatly. (y/n) hung around ashlyn all day. they had most classes together.

while his girlfriend and friends were at school, ricky stayed home so that he could set up a surprise for (y/n). ashlyn and big red told him exactly what to do. he picked up all the supplies he needed from the store, and bought (y/n's) favorite snacks and candy.
-
time passed and ricky had set up all the rose petals on the floor, the candles, the fort made of sheets, blankets, and pillows, the snacks, and the movie. he hoped this was enough to show his girlfriend how special she was to him. ricky loved (y/n) with all his heart, but he hadn't told her that yet.
-
ashlyn drove (y/n) home and texted ricky once they were there. ricky sat on her front porch, praying that she would like the surprise.

"ricky? what are you doing here?" she asked surprised placing a kiss on his cheek. "i wanted to see you." (y/n) blushed at these sweet words
"-i also stayed home from school because i had something i needed to take care of." ricky told his girlfriend, in awe and feeling lucky that he was able to call such a beautiful girl his. "and that would be?" (y/n) asked curiously. "i'll show you" he said covering her eyes

"ricky!" (y/n) said worriedly, gripping onto his arm tightly "shh. just trust me" he calmed her down, guiding her up the porch steps and into the door. he closed the door behind him and revealed what he had been working on. she gasped in surprise
-

"what's all this?" she asked
"i wanted to do something for you. to show you how special you are."
"you skipped school to do this? for me? wha-"
"you're worth it." he cut in
(y/n) looked around, eyes becoming watery. ricky placed his hands on her waist guiding her down the rose petal path and into the fort. he let her sit down and made sure she was comfortable. he set up the projector and played the video.

it was a slideshow of their dates and fun memories. pictures of them projecting on the sheets, the fun times they spent together flooding back into mind. it had only been a few months, but the adventures they had been on together were something that they would both cherish forever.

ricky had recorded himself playing a lovely tune on the guitar and used it as background music. it was truly amazing.
-
the slideshow had ended and (y/n), who was now sitting on ricky's lap, turned around to face him. she let a few tears slip every now and then, and she was overflowing with emotions. she placed both her hands on each side of ricky's face and leaned down a bit to give him a sweet and passionate kiss, that lasted for what felt like forever.

when they finally pulled away, "thank you ricky, from the bottom of my heart. but remind me again why you did this?" he let out a soft chuckle
"i needed you to know that you are more than enough for me. you're an angel, and you're perfect. i can't have you thinking that you're the one who's out of my league, when it's the opposite way around."
-

"a-and i-i think, no i-i know, that i love you." ricky said hesitantly looking up after realizing that (y/n's) arms fell from around his neck. she sat there on his lap, staring at him, her lips parted, and her hands holding each side of his torso. another tear slipped from her eye. "i love you too" she said, so purely and sweetly that it seemed to be a whisper. "you do?" ricky asked. "of course i do, bowen" (y/n) told him happy to know he loved her

"i've been wanting to tell you that for a while..anyways now do you understand how perfect you are?? how you most definitely are enough for me?" ricky said as a pink shade appeared on his cheeks. (y/n) nodded her head yes "that may have been just what i needed to hear" she said before kissing him again.

💛the end💛

a/n: i really hoped you enjoyed reading this as much as i enjoyed writing it! thank you all for the love and support!! 5k reads :)) i love u