act like you love me 2 - joshua bassett

genre: fluff(ish)
warnings: kissing lol
plot: you and josh come to your senses and finally make up ☺️

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚* *✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

Y/n's POV

it's been 3 days since i last talked to joshua. i was completely broken and i couldn't fathom how he felt. he tried talking to me. he knocked on my door, he tried calling my phone, he tried texting me, he tried slipping notes to me, and he even wrote me a song. it was 3 days ago when i confronted him. 3 days ago when he got back. 3 days ago when i had told him to leave me alone. 3 days ago when i spoke my last words to him. 3 days ago when he almost kissed olivia. i can't take it anymore. i want to hear him out. i need to know how he truly feels.
i got up and took a shower. once i was finished i changed back into one of joshua's hoodies and some nike shorts. i pulled on my fuzzy socks and brushed my hair. i curled my eyelashes and sprayed on some perfume as i was finally planning on going out for a drive after i talked to joshua. i took a deep breath while staring at myself in the mirror. i glanced down to a picture on my dresser of joshua and i at disneyland. next to it, a box containing the promise ring he gave me. i gently ran my fingers down the picture and opened the box, slipping the promise ring on my finger. i turned around and slowly opened the door. i checked for josh downstairs quietly so that he didn't suspect me coming. i saw his phone on the counter of the kitchen, but he was no where to be found. i silently walked upstairs and turned the corner heading to the guest room.
after turning the corner i collided into something, not too hard. i looked up to see the one and only joshua bassett. he gasps "y-y/n?" "h-hi josh" i reply weakly. his eyes are red and puffy and his hair is messed up. he just stands there staring at me. without thinking, i hug him. he takes a while to process but immediately hugs me back when he does. his warm embrace feels safe and i can feel all my worries slipping away. i've missed him. i took in his delightful scent and i took in the moment. this feeling was one that i have been deprived of for too long.
we finally pulled away and i grabbed his hand. with no time sparred i lead him to my room and close the door. "we need to talk" i said seriously "yeah" he chuckled "you've ghosted me for 3 days, i've got a lot to say." i groaned "this isn't time for your humor joshua." i said with an annoyed tone. "did you even read any of my texts or letters?" "no, but i liked your song" i could tell that my attitude was hurting him. "okay i'm gonna get straight to the point" i declared. "do you love me or not? because judging off what happened between you and olivia, i'm guessing either not or you love her." his facial expression went from drained to serious "are you kidding me right now? what do you mean? you're seriously asking me if i love you?!" "yes?" i responded "nooooo y/n. i've only been crying for days because you haven't talked to me, responded to my texts or calls, and ghosted me completely. and not to mention i randomly write songs for everybody" "wow" i said sarcastically. "of course i love you y/n. i have ever since i first saw you. a-and that thing with olivia it was in the moment. but i realized that in the moment i was just imagining you. i wanted to see you. i wanted to hug you. i wanted to kiss you. olivia is just a friend. i made a mistake and i get that. please give me another chance. please" josh said in tears
my heart shattered. i didn't say anything. i let my actions speak for me. my eyes filled with tears. i leaned forward and pressed my lips against his briefly. i pulled away. it was only a peck. but a peck was enough. "i'm sorry. i let my jealousy get in the way. i love you. and i know you love me. i guess i just needed to hear you say it" josh laughed softly through his tears. "you drive me crazy y/n. you know that?" i simply smiled and he pulled me into another kiss.

🥺 the end 🥺

a/n: hii i hope you enjoyed this chapter!! thank you so much for 1k reads!! i love you. requests are open :)