winter wonderland - joshua bassett

genre: fluff
warnings: kissing
plot: (y/n), joshua and the rest of the hsmtmts cast went on a break from filming. was josh ready to confront his feelings for his crush in a winter wonderland?
•takes place in october•
(y/e/c) - your eye color

✧༝┉┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉┉༝✧

the cast of hsmtmts had a brake from filming and they decided to go to big bear during that week of vacation that they had. it was exactly what they needed, since they have been working extremely hard on every scene of the show.

  (y/n), olivia, sofia, dara, julia, frankie, joe, larry, matt, and joshua all took a seat in their uber. they had just landed in california. their flight over from utah had been smooth and relaxing, as they all had the opportunity to sleep. they were now on their way over to the cabin that they rented. snow lined the roadways and sat upon the trees. it was only october.

    once they arrived, they stared in awe at the huge wood cabin that frankie and joe were able to get. it was beautiful and icicles hung from the roof. they all walked in to the house which was warm, despite the chilly breeze. they got situated in their rooms. they were each paired with a roommate to share the space. (y/n) with olivia, sofia with dara, julia with larry, frankie with joe, and joshua with matt. there were two beds to a room.

  the cast went straight to their rooms and unpacked. they spent the rest of the night laughing, watching movies, playing games, and talking in the huge living room. it was 3:00 am when they decided that it was best to get to bed.

   the next morning, (y/n) walked down the steps to the kitchen. she was wearing sweat pants and an oversized hoodie with a white, cropped tank top underneath. her hair was in a messy bun. "morning" a familiar voice said softly from the kitchen "josh, you're up." she responded "of course. i'm an early riser" he chuckled. (y/n) has had a crush on josh for the longest time, and all the cast members knew but him.  "can i show you something?" he asked
"sure" (y/n) said not sure what to expect. "follow me" josh replied walking towards the balcony.

  (y/n) walked behind joshua and followed him out to the balcony. they took in the crisp air. joshua's guitar was sitting on a chair. he picked it up and the two sat down. "ready?" joshua questioned feeling nervous. he was about to play a song that he wrote for the girl sitting beside him. even though he wouldn't admit it to anyone, he was completely in love with her. 

   (y/n) nodded in response. she watched joshua as he started to play. the sunrise was beautiful. the sun's rays hitting joshua's face. his eyes a beautiful color brown, his hair a warm honey color, his skin glowing.

time is fleeting
i'll be leaving
so make it count

i've been thinking
i'm still afraid of sinking
scared i won't get out

so kiss me while you can
before it gets too late
don't let go of my hand
ignore the expiration date

time is running out
make the love songs last
when it all come crashing down
we'll wish it hadn't gone too fast

take me by the hand
kiss me while you can
take me by the hand
kiss me while you can

joshua looked over at (y/n) her eyes a beautiful light (y/e/c), her skin a beautiful tan shade. he was at awe. how could someone be that beautiful?

"that was amazing." she said. joshua blushed at this comment. "i-i wrote it for you"
"for me?" she questioned, feeling a warmth creep up to her cheeks "why?" she asked

"if you haven't noticed, he started. i really really like you. and i get that it might be weird since we basically work together, but i just, i don't know. i just thought maybe this was a good time to tell you. no one's really up yet. uhm but if you dont like me back i get that and-".  "josh!" she interrupted "huh?" he asked finally stopping "you're rambling." (y/n) said laughing slightly. "i like you too" she told him standing up. she walked over to the edge of the balcony and leaned on the rail, focusing on the sunrise. she didn't want josh to notice how red her face was.

he stood up and walked over to her. he put his hands on her waist and turned her around. he looked down into her eyes and she looked up at his. "tell me you're joking." he said softly "if i did, i would be lying" she responded looking down. his hands still on her waist. he lifted up her chin and they met eyes again. he came closer, pushing her up against the rail. barely any space between their bodies. joshua leaned down and pressed his lips against hers.

   she pulled away, almost breathless. the kiss was magic. he was magic. "do you want to go to the movies with me when we get back? i'll take you on a proper date?"  he asked feeling more confident. "i'd love to." she responded giving him a peck on the cheek.

   he smiled at her and grabbed hold of her hand. they walked back inside. to see everyone by the fireplace watching them. "SOOO?" olivia asked
"you guys together yet???" dara added
joshua looked at (y/n). "no..." she responded
and looked around at the people in front her "maybe.."  (y/n) tried to play it cool, but it obviously wasn't working. "she means yes." joshua stated giving her hand a small squeeze. cheers erupted from your group of friends and joshua planted a kiss on her head. they took a seat next to everyone else and chose a movie with them.

(y/n) was cuddled up with josh, comfortable in his arms. she was happy that things were going to be this way from now on. she couldn't wait to make new memories with joshua.

❄️the end❄️

a/n: thank you for 9k reads!! i'm so so grateful for every single one of you. i'm writing a request right now but it might take a while, considering i have a lot on my plate. thanks for sticking around even though i haven't posted in a while!! i love you all. you are beautiful and perfect. thank you thank you thank you. thank u. okay bye