wish - ricky bowen

genre: fluff
warnings: none
plot: ricky is awake at 2 am and there's nothing to do, so he decides to call his long time crush (y/n). they enjoy their early morning adventure and leave with a smile on their faces.

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。. .。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。. .。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。.

ricky's pov
i glanced at the clock
1:43 am
great.
i was awake and staring at the dark ceiling.
i was tired, but all my eyes could do were stay open.
nothing could help me fall asleep except for her.
i decided to call her hoping she was awake.
almost immediately she picked up the phone.
"thank god you called ricky." the sound of her voice sweet and calming. "i'm surprised you're up, shouldn't you be sleeping right now?"
"yes, but i can't. i've tried everything. aren't you supposed to be sleeping right now?"
"probably, but my reasons are the same as yours.." i trailed off then spoke again, "hey so my dad's out of town, and it's spring break.. can you pick me up? maybe we can go for a drive?"
"sounds good! i'll be there in 10."
and with that she hung up.

in exactly 10 mins, there was a knock at my front door. i looked at myself in the mirror. messy curls that i tried my best to make neat, converse, a hoodie, and sweats. i shrugged and grabbed my phone, speeding downstairs.
i opened the door to see her beautiful face "hey (y/n)" i greeted sounding completely smitten. "hi." she laughed slightly. she wore leggings and a hoodie, converse as well. her hair tied up in a messy bun. i locked the door behind me as we hopped in her car.
"sooo, what were you planning to do at 2:00 in the morning?" she asked pulling out of my driveway and turning up the music. "i know a place.." i responded
"okay well, lead the way"
-
we drove around in comfortable silence listening to the music. once we arrived, i lead her through the trees and forrest like area. we stopped at a big tree with two swings hanging from it. it overlooked a grand lake. stars shining brighter than ever.
"wow" she whispered, " you've really outdone yourself this time bowen."
i chuckled, "you think so?"
-
we swung for a bit and (y/n) and i were getting tired.
"hey, do you wanna do some stargazing?" she asked, excitement laced in her voice. "i would love to, only, aren't we supposed to lie down while stargazing?"
"yeah, i have a blanket in my car, wait here while i get it." she told me, i nodded
she was so cute. her eyes sparkled in the darkness.
-
she came back with a camping light and a blanket.
"wow you come prepared." i laughed
she smiled at my comment.
we set up everything and fell back onto the blanket.
we talked about nonsense and watched the stars.
"look!" she pointed up
to my surprise there was a shooting star. "close your eyes and make a wish!" her childishness melted my heart.
i made a wish.
-
i opened my eyes and glanced at her. she glanced back and smiled. heat crawled up to my cheeks setting them on fire. she pointed up at different consolations, telling me about them.
i reached up and touched her hand. she was quick to stop talking and look at me. i traced my fingertips down her arm. she put her arm down and was quick to change the subject. she asked me, "who do you care about most in this world."
i took in a deep breath and let it out "easy,"
i said sitting up. "myself."
   she rolled her eyes sitting up with me. "seriously?" she asked. "no, i care about my family, even though they don't seem to care about me."

(y/n) knew about the divorce and she knew about my mom's new boyfriend. she knew i was torn apart by everything that has happened. she's been one of my close friends for a while. i've tried dropping hints about my feelings but every time i do, she changes the topic.
-
we decided it was time to go home. it was now 6:00 in the morning. and she drove me back.
  once we got there, she unlocked the doors and thanked me for the great time she had. this made my heart flutter. "thanks ricky, for tonight. i enjoyed it."
"thank you for coming with me, and driving me, and for being the best, (y/n)."
"anytime bowen."  she smiled
-
i got out of the car and walked up to my porch. i glanced back to see her window down, and her arm resting out of it. she watched me.
"it's you." i said loud enough for her to hear.
"what?" she called back.
"you asked me who i care about most in this world,
it's you"  i sighed finally gaining the courage to confess my feelings.
"i like you. i really really like you, (y/n)" i yelled.
"i like you so much that i think i love you." i yelled once more not caring who heard me.
she smiled at me, laughing and shaking her head.
"i like you so much that i think i love you too bowen." she responded. we both smiled widely.
-
i watched her in awe. she was just sitting there in her car looking back at me. "what?" she asked.
"oh nothing, you're just beautiful."
she rolled her eyes and her car window came back up. she pulled out of my driveway and drove off. leaving me there. i was a smiling, happy mess.

my wish came true.

💫the end💫

a/n: i hope you enjoyed that chapter. idk how to feel lol. thank you for 22k reads!! i hope you are all staying safe and healthy during this time!!