beach boy - joshua bassett

genre: fluff
warnings: none
plot: you aren't the only one who's had their eye out for a cute person every week.

༄ؘ ༄ؘ ༄ؘ ༄ؘ ༄ؘ༄ؘ ༄ؘ ༄ؘ ༄ؘ ༄ؘ༄ؘ ༄ؘ ༄ؘ ༄ؘ ༄ؘ༄ؘ

༄ؘ ༄ؘ ༄ؘ༄ؘ ༄ؘ ༄ؘ ༄ؘ ༄ؘ༄ؘ ༄ؘ ༄ؘ ༄ؘ ༄ؘ༄ؘ ༄ؘ ༄ؘ

the feeling of the sun and water hitting my skin. the sound of the waves splashing and crashing onto the shore. i loved the beach and everything about it.
i paddled up to the wave and backdoored(went inside the curl of the wave from behind its peak).

after i did this, i swam up to the shore and carried my board with me. a rush of excitement flowed through my body. i checked the time 10:01 am. he'll be here any minute.

every saturday morning at 10 ish, a boy comes down to the beach either running, biking, or skateboarding. i first noticed him a month ago. it seems to be his routine.

i look around and see him running along the shore line. he's perfect. soft brown curls bouncing with each step. he's pretty fast too. i only watch him for the time that he's in front of me, trying not to make it obvious.

i then grabbed my book and started to read. i did this every week. after surfing, after seeing the boy, i would read. then i would change and go out to a nearby café to get iced coffee and avocado toast.

hours flew by and i started to grow hungry. i picked up my book, water bottle, and towel and put them into my beach bag. i then picked up my surfboard and headed to my car. once i put the board and my bags into the trunk, i made sure my swimsuit was fully dry before putting on my regular clothes.
your outfit:

i went to hop in my car when i saw a piece of paper on my windshield

i went to hop in my car when i saw a piece of paper on my windshield. 'crap' i thought 'not a ticket. i thought i could park here'

when i went to pick it up i saw that it wasn't a ticket, but a note. the note read 'hey i've noticed you around here every week for about a month. meet me at the malibu café? table 3 :)'

i was absolutely shocked. who was this?? i took the note and got in my car and started to drive off to the café i visited every saturday after my time on the beach.

once i got there i parked and went inside. i looked for table 3 and spotted the beautiful boy that i had been watching for a month sitting at it.

this can't be real. it's him. he's here. he's noticed me?

he motioned for me to come sit down with him.
"hey" he said. his voice was soothing. "hi" i said in response. "joshua" he said extending his hand for me to shake. "(y/n)" i said taking his hand.

we ordered iced coffee and talked for a few hours.
we were quite similar. both 19. he was so nice and he liked to sing. we arranged a 'date' and took each other's number. i drove off with a smile on my face and disbelief as i watched the guy i had my eye out for smiling at me with his cheeks flushing a pink shade.

🐚the end🐚

a/n: hi guys!! i'm so sorry i don't know what happened to my wattpad- i wasn't able to post anything for months. i hope you are all staying safe out there. remember to wear your masks and practice social distancing. also black lives absolutely matter. no lives will matter until black lives do. don't discriminate against others because of the color of their skin. love one another. i love you!