Songfic

Okay, so I know that last songfic might have been terrible, but I really wanted to do one of 8 Letters by Why Don't We. Also just because I want to, you should go listen to their new single Chills. Bro, I love it! Ngl the song gave me chills. Any other limelights out there. Let me know in the comments below. Anyway, ON WITH THE STORY!

You know me the best
You know my worst, seen me hurt
But you don't judge
That right there is the scariest feeling

Amethyst knew everything about Pearl. She's seen Pearl at her worst and even when she was hurt. Pearl was scared that one day Amethyst would start to judge her because of her past.

Open and closin' up again
I've been hurt so I don't trust
Now, here we are starin' at the ceiling

All the people that Pearl has dated before have hurt her more than words can say. She doesn't trust anyone anymore. Now she and Amethyst are arguing about how Pearl hasn't said the words yet.

I've said those words before, but it was a lie
And you deserve to hear it a thousand times

Pearl had said those words to the others that she had dated. She knew it was a lie but she said it anyway so that they wouldn't leave her. They still left. Pearl knows that Amethyst deserves to hear those words but she still can't bring herself to say them.

If all it is is 8 letters
Why is it so hard to say?
If all it is is 8 letters
Why am I in my own way?

Pearl knows that it's only eight letters, but it seems so hard to say. Pearl knows that's she is the only thing that is keeping her from saying it.

Why do I pull you closer then ask you for space?
If all it is is 8 letters
Why is it so hard to say?

Pearl loves to have Amethyst close to her. Even though she loves being close to Amethyst, she always pushes her away in fear that Amethyst will say those words that she won't ever be able to say back to her.

Isn't it amazin'?
How almost every line
On our hands align when your hand's in mine
It's like I'm whole again
Isn't that a sign I should speak my mind?

Pearl thinks that it's amazing how when she and Amethyst put their hands together, almost every line on their hands align. Pearl thinks it could be a sign that she should tell Amethyst how she feels.

I've said those words before, but it was a lie
And you deserve to hear them a thousand times

Pearl wanted to say those words so bad but she just couldn't because she was so scared. She didn't think she deserved Amethyst because all her past partners made her feel that she didn't deserve any love.

If all it is is 8 letters
Why is it so hard to say?
If all it is is 8 letters
Why am I in my own way?

Pearl just couldn't comprehend what made those words so hard to say. She knew that if she were to say those words this time, they wouldn't be a lie.

Why do I pull you close and then ask you for space?
If all it is is 8 letters
Why is it so hard to say?
Whoa, yeah

Pearl couldn't stand having to push Amethyst away every time she pulled her close. All she wanted to do was say those eight letters to Amethyst.

Ooh

When I close my eyes
It's you there in my mind
When I close my eyes

Every time Pearl goes to sleep, she dreams about Amethyst. Amethyst is the last thing Pearl thinks about each day before she goes to sleep.

If all it is is 8 letters
Why is it so hard to say?
If all it is is 8 letters
Why am I in my own way?

Pearl thought that if Amethyst was all she thinks about, she could manage to say those words.

Why do I pull you closer then ask you for space?
If all it is is 8 letters
Why is it so hard to say?
If all it is is 8 letters

Even though Pearl tried with all her might, she still was not able to say the words.

When I close my eyes
It's you there in my mind(It's only you)
When I close my eyes

Amethyst was getting tired of Pearl not returning her feelings vocally. She had accused Pearl of thinking of other people night and day.

If all it is is 8 letters

Amethyst kept telling Pearl it was only 8 letters. Amethyst always forgot about Pearl's past and wondered why Pearl couldn't tell Amethyst that she loved her.

When I close my eyes
It's you there in my mind(You)
When I close my eyes

During their arguments, Pearl was always trying to convince Amethyst that she was the only one she thought about all day.

If all it is is 8 letters

After their argument, Amethyst packed up all her stuff and left. She eventually found an apartment and had been living there for a month as she suddenly remembered Pearl's past. When she went back to their house, Pearl was gone. She never saw her again.

Bye Airheads🎈
Love you guys💜