u n o

1960; The Rat Pack Era
Location; Below Washington Monument

"here's your assignment." your boss handed you a folder containing information about your next 'assignment'.

where are you exactly? in the past, your father was in a mafia called the Giovanni Siciliano. (reference???)

you were recruited that christmas night as a soldier who takes orders by a capo, like the man right in front of you right now.

you opened the folder and saw a bunch of papers and pictures. you grabbed the pictures out of the folder and read the only paper.

it reads;

Gang name: Universe Quarts
Boss: Steven Quarts Universe
Boss' Wife: -unknown-
Consigliere: Pearl
Capo: -unknown-
Soldiers: Bismuth
                Lapis Lazuli
                Garnet
                Amethyst
                Spinel

you huffed at the name of this gang, universe quarts? that's dumb. you scanned the pictures, you looked at the boy with pink jacket and black shirt with a big yellow star.

this kid is their boss? you gotta be kidding me.

you scanned, examined and memorized the people's faces but one person caught your eye. you looked at the list of names again, spinel.

there's mascara lines coming from her eyes and down to the jawline as if she's been crying. her magenta eyes held anger and mischief which captivated you.

her smirk makes you drop on spot just by staring at this very picture. you snapped out of your thoughts as your capo cleared his throat.

"if you are finished examining the photos, please leave the office." he said as he waved his hand off. "sir, mind if i ask. what did this gang do?"

"that gang has been on our tails for decades. we've sent many soldiers to take their boss down but that boy still breaths after all the attempted assassinations."

"and you'd expect me that'll be the one who'll end them?" the capo nodded,

"yes. boss expects so much from you, so this will be your finally assignment as if you finish this within 3 months, you'll be excelled to boss."  you eyes widen.

"what's wrong with boss?" the capo sighed sadly and slumped back to this chair, "our boss has sadly been struck by an unknown illness. it might be the coming of age, though we doubt he'll get out of bed now."

you looked down, will you be free? "when will be his passing?" the capo shrugged, "we're uncertain about that, thought we think it'll be the deadline of your assignment."

you nodded, you put the photos back into the folder and closed. "remember y/n, the last day of 3 months is your deadline."