s e i

"do really need to be close to me?" you said as spinel places her chin on top of your head. "it's a precaution, just in case you decided to sneak out." you rolled your eyes and continued to watch the tv.

not even a few moments later, spinel asked this "ya can sleep in my room if ya want." you tried not to choke onto your saliva, "what are you planning huh?" you teased.

"pfft- i just feel like you're a bit uncomfy sleeping in the couch." spinel said, you huffed "fine, try anything funny. i'll kick you out of your own house."

spinel chuckled, "i'd like to see that."

then a knock is heard which made spinel jump. "boss?" steven's voice is heard from the other side.

spinel grabbed your wrist and headed to the room but-

"oh, door's open. i'll let myself in if you don't-" steven stopped at his tracks when he saw what's in front of him.

his boss holding her rival's mutt heading to a room. steven doesn't know how to react to this so he instinctively pulled out his gun and aimed it at the both of them simultaneously.

"b-boss, what is this?" he aimed his gun at you, you narrowed your eyes at the boy. spinel lets your wrist go and stepped forward.

"hey steven. . . let's forget this thing ever happened okay buddy? look, i'll explain if you put your gun down." spinel said as she tried to calm her comrade down.

"bu-but-!"

"put the gun down, solider." spinel's voice turned strict which made steven oblige immediately. steven stood up tense, you lightly chuckled at this scene.

"sit down and i'll tell you what's going on. you too y/n." spinel ordered, you sat down the couch with steven on the far end, spinel sat down the singular couch and sighed deeply.

"i never expect you'll be the one boy, but yes, you need an explanation. miss y/n here, i met her in sandy hotel and yes, i was able to catch her. that's why she's here." steven looked at his boss and at you, you stared at the boy with a blank face.

"b-boss, why did you lie to bismuth, to lapis, to peridot? to me? why did you keep her?" steven said as he's slowly getting pissed off. spinel sighed, she stood up and ushered steven to come with her.

you sat on the couch, watching them go to a corner huddled and is whispering. you frowned as you start to overthink that they're gonna kill you.

yes, you're out numbered though you've been through many fights that you're gravely out numbered.

"i don't know why i kept her." spinel said, "huh?" steven tilted his head. "boy, there's something about her that i don't want to let go nor make her leave me or this place." spinel hugged herself.

steven sighed, "steven, please promise that you wouldn't tell anyone about this?"

"i promise boss." spinel smiled and hugged the boy, "thank you steven." steven gave a small smile and went back to the living room.

"i should go now boss, my dad's gonna buy us some pizza." steven headed out the door, he waved at the both of you. spinel waved back and you gave him a small wave.

as the door closed, "he's going to tell your team, isn't he." spinel shook her head, "i know steven, he's not going to tell anyone what happened." you raised your eyebrows.

"how can you be so sure?" spinel back to hugging you from behind, you were first uncomfortable with this much contact between the two of you but you got used to it.

pretty quickly though.

"i just do." you scoffed and started walking up the stairs. you went to the nearest door which you assume it'll be spinel's room. you opened it to see a pretty cozy room.

you hummed in surprised and walked over to the bed, you plopped down and get a good soft feeling. you looked to the side to see a sniper rifle standing, you looked at spinel who's still behind you.

"go ahead." she whispered into your ear, it sent shivers down your spine which made your bite your lip. "go ahead and give her a test. she's in a good condition." spinel kept on whispering into your ear.

"don'tcha wanna feel what it feel like?"

"go ahead and handle her."

"don't you want to be free?"

you jumped out of spinel's grip and started breathing heavily. you gripped your clothed chest, dropped to the floor as your other hand started tugging your locks of hair.

spinel stared at disbelief on what's happening to you. she beckoned over you, she tried to hold you but you slapped her hand away and tugged your hair harder.

"free...i cant be free...nononono." you mumbled until you started mumble nonsense, spinel felt her heart broke as she saw what kind of state you're in.

"y/n. . . calm down, i didn't mean to- i didn't know. i'm sorry." spinel attempted to hold you, you slapped her hand away but she wrapped her other arm around you waist which distracted you, spinel grabbed your hand to make you stop pulling your hair.

you felt tears started streaming down your face, you tried to get out of spinel's grip but, of course, it's useless to a gem's strength. you eventually broke down and hung your head low.

spinel frowned, she lets your hand go and pulled you into a hug. "i'm sorry." she said as she rubbed circles onto your back.

this slowly calms you down, you sighed deeply. spinel slowly unwrapped her arm off you, you're visibly tired from your episode so you fell unto you spinel's chest.

you accidentally and directly hit her gem which sent small pleasure around her body and pain on your cheek which left you unbothered.

spinel sighed, she carried your body to her bed, she placed you carefully and placed the covers onto you. spinel removes the hair on your face and huffed.

"i guess i gotta be careful." she rubbed the back of her neck. then her gem glowed slightly, spinel grumbled at this.

"what the hell are you doing to me."