d o d i c i

it's nearing sunset and the view from uphill is breathtaking. the sky's hues are so soft, the calm waves add to your calmness making you forget why the three of you ran away.

you took a deep breath and sighed deeply, then you heard some stretching noise and a rubber pink arm on your shoulder.

"don't go out without telling me." spinel said into your ear, you turned around and wrapped your arms around her neck.

"i'm just enjoying the view." spinel grinned, "well ain't the view pretty?" you raised your eyebrows. "bold of you to assume that."

"you little- come here!" spinel then started tickling your sides which made you burst into laughter, you squirmed trying to get out of her grip but she pinned you onto the grass.

"ha-! spinel stopp!!" you breathed out, spinel continued for a few seconds until stopping. spinel smirked and lay next to you, you let out a sigh and looked up into a slowly turning dark blue sky.

"are we going to live normal?" you said, spinel looked at you with a slight frown. "not to sound crazy, but i want to live like a normal human. this isn't the life i chose to have. . ." you trembled.

spinel looked down "we don't always get what we want, now do we." you closed your eyes tightly, you felt your hands dig into the dirt then you sat up.

this made spinel also sat up abruptly and see if you're doing okay. you opened your eyes, looked at your lover and smiled at her.

"come on, let's go back." you stood up and started walking downhill. spinel quickly catches up with you, she goes right beside you and constantly checks your face to see if there's something wrong.

as you two finally got down the hill, you quickly went inside the beach house and walked up to steven's former bedroom. spinel frowned at this.

she sees steven on the counter with three boxes of pizzas next to him. "oh hey boss, i don't really know how to cook so here's come pizza." steven offered.

spinel sat on the counter and grabbed one slice, it's still hot so there's cheese strings as she pulls. as spinel gets all of the cheese and quickly took a bite, the heat doesn't bother her.

spinel hummed in delight and continued to eat the pizza, "what happened to y/n back there?" steven asked as he drank a glass of coke.

spinel looked down, "i don't know. ."

"did you two argue?" spinel shook her head, "it's not really an argument but. . she says she wants to live like a normal human and doesn't want this kind of life."

steven frowned at this, he hummed as he placed a finger in his chin to make him look like he's thinking. "talk it out then."

spinel raised her eyebrow, "how does a simple talking help?" steven huffed "sometimes talking is that one person needs for the time being. no grand gestures or anything, just talk things through and out."

as spinel finishes her slice, she jumped down the counter and fixed herself. "i guess i have alota talkin' to do."