s e t t e

spinel looked over to your sleeping body, it's nighttime now and spinel made the bed extra comfortable for you. she occasionally move some stray hair that get from your face.

spinel sighed deeply and rested her chin on the edge of the bed since she's sitting on the floor, she doesn't wanna sleep next to you since the episode you had.

spinel stared at you intently and looked down at your hand, she slowly reached for it and grabbed it. she examined it, it's rough yet incredibly soft and it has many, many, many scars.

spinel ran her fingers in one of them and bit her mouth from the inside, she's getting irritated and pissed just by seeing the state of your hand. she does wonder what else she can see on your body.

in curiosity, spinel softly sat on the bed and reached for the helm of your shirt. she looked at you as she slowly lift your shirt, not even fully lifted she can already see some past scars. spinel frowned at this.

spinel only gets to lift half of the shirt because of your arm being in the way, she looks at your stomach and sure enough.

there are scars and some. . . burns?

spinel raised her eyebrow at this but ignored it for now, she ran her fingertips on the scars and growled, unknowing for spinel, this action is sending shivers up and down on your body.

you breathed out a shaky breath and moved your head to the side, this surprised spinel and instinctively pulled away. as spinel sees that you're not wake, she sighed deeply and continued on her 'investigation'.

you bit your lip unconsciously and placed your arm on top of your forehead, as you couldn't take it no more. your eyes started to flutter open and you see the gem touching your scars.

you jumped, "WHAT THE FUCK BITCH?!" you screamed and lowered your shirt aggressively and glared at spinel. spinel threw her arms in the air, "i wasn't gonna do anythin'! i promise!!"

you growled, you stood up from the bed and grabbed the pillows. "w-wait! where did you get those scars?" you snapped your head to spinel, "mind your damn business." you said with venom.

"what happened back there? you were havin' an episode of somethin'." your eyes widen but shook your head, you stepped out of the room and headed downstairs to sleep in the couch instead.

spinel watched your slam the door, she groaned and slammed her body on the mattress. she puts her arm on top of her eyes and for some reason, on the verge of crying.

inside of spinel's thoughts;

'what could she have experienced?'

'why does she have to hide it for me?'

'should i tell her. . ?'

'i want her to trust me though. . .'

'fuck it.'

spinel stood up from the bed but soon her body fell onto the bed.

"tomorrow." she said lazily and then feel asleep.

✴✴✴✴✴

spinel woke up from the annoying rays of the sunlight leaking inside her bedroom. spinel got up lazily, even letting her body fall onto the floor. she dragged herself to the bathroom to fix herself.

as she's done, she quickly walk downstairs and to see you sitting on the couch with a piping hot coffee. you gave spinel a quick glance and looked away instantly.

this hurt spinel, badly. spinel clenched her fists tightly but she calmed down since she can't really get mad at you for that long. 

"so. . . how was your sleep?" spinel as she tried to strike up a conversation with you. "good, because i have a stiff neck." you said blunty as you sip your coffee.

spinel gulped and started fiddling her fingers. "m-maybe i can—"

"no."

spinel looked down at the ground and scrunched up her nose in anger. "alright sissy! i ain't tolerating that bullshit, you start openin' up because like it or not, you're not leavin' here."

you turned to spinel and raised your eyebrows. "not leaving? give me a break. i can walk out the door as clear as day!"

"you wouldn't." you gritted your teeth, "try me." you stood up and settled the mug on top of the coffee table and walked to the front door. you looked at spinel who's glaring daggers at you.

you twisted the door handle and a peek of light came out, but it was cut short when spinel stretched her arm to slam the door and flung herself to pin you.

you backed your body up to the door further since the closeness is making you uncomfortable. spinel doesn't even give fucks to back away, she just stared at you and then sighed.

"i'm not letting you leave."

"why is that?" you said as you looked down at the ground since eye count this close proximity is giving you anxiety.

spinel doesn't know how to answer your question so she dodged it, "can you tell me your story?" you twitched and trembled a bit.

"why do you want to know about it so bad? aren't you the enemy? you're gonna use this against me, aren't you?" you said as you clenched your fists tightly.

"no. i'll tell mine as payment." you slowly raise your head though your eyes are on spinel's gem. "fine. . ."

spinel slightly smiled and pulled away, you sighed and held your arm tightly. you watched spinel walk over the couch and sat down, looking at you waiting for you to do the same.

you looked at the door, 'i could make a run for it' you thought, then you looked at spinel, 'maybe. . she'll understand me.'

you cursed yourself, you walked over the couch and sat down a few inches away from spinel. spinel looked at you with a hidden smile 'she didn't leave!'

"wanna go first?"