u n d i c i

spinel has been driving for 2 hours and you can see the beach side which made you question if this is florida or something.

"boss, are you sure? i mean, i don't think the house is still standing." steven said as he looked out of the ocean with a longing look.

"that's my last resort." spinel said. then she pulled up to a pavement road, she turned off the car and got out. steven also got out and you followed suit.

you looked around, you see lots of food stalls, stores and houses. there are people roaming around too mind their own business. you looked at the two, they looked at each other and steven sighed.

steven walked ahead with spinel by your side. you three are walking in the sand and your shoe is getting itchy, you started to ask spinel.

"where are we?"

"beach city." spinel hung her head low, "this is where i first arrived and. . . where i almost killed everybody." the atmosphere suddenly turned thick.

you held spinel's hand and looked forward, "don't worry bout that now. where we going though?" spinel looked down at your hand and smiled.

"at my former house." steven said as he stopped walking. you looked at the still decent white beach house. you three climbed the stairs and entered the beach house, it's covered in dusts and some wood are rotten.

it's still in good condition if we do some fixing.

both spinel and steven stared at the abandoned house, flashbacks started to come back of steven and the gems running away from your boss.

yeah, your boss is a complete shit.

"home sweet home."

✴✴✴✴✴

"argh shit. . ." a certain gem stumbled into a wall for support to hold their injured body. they panted heavily and luckily nobody is around to see them all bloody.

"rough day?" someone said, the gem looked to the side to see a man in a fine suit with his hair slicked back and a cigar on his lips.

he pulled out a stick of cigar and handed it to the gem, the gem growled and slapped the cigar out of his hand.

"could've said no." he huffed out smoke, "what the hell do you want." the gem said as they tried to pull their gun out but the man swiftly kicked it out of their hands.

"i know you wanna kill a certain mutt who ran along with your two traitors." the man said, the gem frowned. "how did you know?"

"we have ears and eyes sweetie." the man chuckled, the gem rolled their eyes and tried to stand up but they instead fell to the ground.

"i'm here for an alliance."
the gem looked at the man and laughed. "alliance?! you're fucking funny!"

the man stared at the gem blankly and waited for them to stop. "you're serious, aren't you." the man nodded and held out his hand.

"we could find those traitors and if we can get our worlds together, we'll be rulers!"

the gem looked at the ground, 'are they really gonna do this? are they going to risk this much? they've betrayed us, so they must face the consequences.'

the gem slammed their hand to the man's hand. the man grinned and pulled them up, "name's soujo."

"you japanese or something?" the gem asked, "nah, i just like making stage names. how bout you?"

"bismuth."

✴✴✴✴✴

you three plopped down the newly cleaned couch out of exhaustion, you wiped the sweat out of your forehead and sighed deeply.

"want some juice?" steven said as he sat right up, you nodded and leaned against spinel's shoulder. "we're gonna stay here forever now?" spinel nodded.

"of course, but not really forever." steven handed you a glass of juice, you gladly took it and sipped on it.

spinel petted you softly and kissed your head, "say steven, how's connie?" steven slightly tensed up and chuckled nervously.

"we're good, she's in space camp over the summer though."

"aww it's gonna okay stevie boy!" spinel extended her arm and ruffled steven's head, steven grumbled and pushed spinel's hand off.

spinel lightly chuckled and continued to cuddle you. "you two can have the bed, i can sleep on the couch or floor."

"ya sure?" steven nodded and gave them a big smile, "thank you steven." you said. you looked spinel, "can we go swimming tonight?" spinel chuckled, "you're taking this really good." you shrugged.

"beach vacation never hurt anybody right?"